Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

I donā€™t get it though. Are they saying theyā€™re going reviewing my account now? Itā€™s relatively clean and it hasnā€™t raised suspicions so iā€™m disappointed if this action triggers such a process. Iā€™d have left the money there. This is a new one for me, this message,

It could just be a standard part of some new anti money laundering procedure. That any withdrawals over x amount need to be manually reviewed first.

@Copper_pipe :rofl:

Theyā€™ve been on it a while. I think itā€™s just a stiock line they throw in

1 Like

Was in Powers in Cork yesterday and some old lad came in and went to one of them BGT terminals/machines in the shop. He sits down at the machine and proceeds to take out a big bag of coins from a shopping bag he was carrying. The man in questions proceeds to put his coins in to the machine for what must have been 15 or 20 minutes. When he had the last coin placed in the machine, he then clicked the pay out button and the machine printed him a voucher that he could exchange for cash at the counter. So basically a bookies is a handy way to get rid of a load of spare change you have :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or laundering cash

Lads had grandmaster flash backed in fundalk this evening. Bookies were going money back as a free bet if second to the sp favourite but my yoke went off as joint favourite with the winner. Where does that leave me now?

I think youā€™ve cracked the case here. Some auld lad laundering 5 cent coins.

Once again you have made an absolute show of yourself.

2 Likes

With your thumb the full way up your hole

How did that pan out for you ?

No joy. Lad in the shop wasnā€™t much help. I didnā€™t bother arguing my case.

Quick query lads. I backed scotstown +1 against gweedore yesterday. The match ended in a draw so unless Iā€™m missing something this bet is a winner but itā€™s coming up as a loser. Thoughts?

Sounds like a winner to me

Thatā€™s what I thought. Thanks. Itā€™s part of an accum running onto kilmacud crokes next week. I placed it on a pp machine which you can track on your phone but instead of a cashout offer itā€™s down as a losing bet. Iā€™ll go into the shop with it. Cheers

Deffo a winner, they tried to stiff me with an NFL bet last week, my team landed bang on the hā€™cap which they called a loser but itā€™s actually a void bet because they donā€™t offer hā€™cap draws in NFL, spent about 20 minutes fighting my case and was finally given my money back

1 Like

Cheers lads, that result has now updated to a winner on my phone and a nice cashout being offered. It runs onto kilmacud -5 next week :thinking:

2 Likes

Nice article here about the famous on course bookie Freddie Williams, now deceased.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/if-he-didn-t-fancy-something-he-d-be-two-three-or-four-points-bigger/154235

6 Likes

Donā€™t make them lime Freddie any more.