Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

He did in his arse

I don’t understand the logic in Paddy Power allowing it’s own staff to open accounts and bet with them. It seems open to skullduggery and I imagine people will get in trouble. Say you’ve a fella compiling horse racing at an evening meeting in Dundalk, he fancies a horse to outrun his odds and puts him up at 33/1 instead of what he thinks it should be, 10/1. He slips on €30 each way or the likes before cutting the odds off the back of his own bet and brings the price more into where he thinks it should be to start with. Same goes then for the guys compiling local GAA matches or some obscure basketball match. Then you have these traders employed to cut winning accounts, they’re not going to bother cutting their own accounts.

Is that not just shop staff as opposed to odds-compilers?

I’d imagine it’s counter staff they are talking about. I know lads working in PP towers weren’t allowed a PP account. From what I’ve heard though the odds compilers are the biggest bunch of degenerates you’d ever meet and spend their days gambling away their sizeable pay checks with other providers

This is 100% accurate

Fair enough makes sense then. It’s morally wrong though as those counter staff generally speaking would not be getting paid much, and here they are enticing young fellas manning their counters to start punting their wages back to them.

The travellers are a resourceful auld bunch all the same.

Its their culture

I was bullied by travelers in secondary school. They couldn’t write and used to force me to make notes for them in woodwork theory.

1 Like

The you being bullied part is very believable but them wanting notes for woodwork theory, not so much

Anybody that didn’t have their notes up to the date wasn’t allowed use the drills.

Were you in Askeaton for secondary?

We were never allowed to use the machines, and if we were it was a piece of shit jigsaw that wouldn’t cut paper. Invariably the first lad up would break it and then the lazy bastard of a woodwork teacher would say. “That’s it now lads, I’ve fixed that once today already, I’m not fixing it again”.

Then we’d sit around talking shit for the rest of the class while he was down the back manufacturing cabinets which he sold to people as a side income.

You’d see all this lovely wood being delivered in and the bastard only ever threw us out bits of mdf or some other shite wood, while he used all the nice stuff for his customers.

He had it made the cunt. :joy:

2 Likes

Good to see The Journal using TFK as their source for news as always

One of the Travelers in Pats used to make me read to him before class started. Dead now the poor bastard.

I’d say you’ve a great reading voice mate

Thanks, mate. I have been complimented many times on my voice. It gives me a certain gravitas apart from when I get excited when I tend to shout unbeknownst to myself.

Anyone ever get one of these messages from ladbrokes when making a withdrawal lads? “After a review of your winnings”. What in the fuck, that’s a new one for me.

They’re probably being more honest about it now at least