Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

[QUOTE=ā€œTess Tickle, post: 1127122, member: 2269ā€]Iā€™m losing track, how many people has Mac slandered on this thread in the last few posts (allegedly)? I make it four but open to correction.

Mac, who is Ladbrokes new man in charge that you referred to earlier and what is his background?[/QUOTE]

7 and http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/ffb03d1c-ced7-11e4-b761-00144feab7de.html

Terrible website. Skrill deposits are a total lottery if they work or not. Not really an issue for me any more since they cut me to 1%. [chicken noises]
Their website is nearly as bad as Boyles and Coral. Boyles just randomly crashes all the time. Corals very slow and jumpy login experience.
B365 and Powers are proper websites. B365 is easily best overall experience across devices.

[QUOTE=ā€œcluaindiuic, post: 1127338, member: 258ā€]Terrible website. Skrill deposits are a total lottery if they work or not. Not really an issue for me any more since they cut me to 1%. [chicken noises]
Their website is nearly as bad as Boyles and Coral. Boyles just randomly crashes all the time. Corals very slow and jumpy login experience.
B365 and Powers are proper websites. B365 is easily best overall experience across devices.[/QUOTE]

I have found William Hill excellent. They have made massive strides in recent years leaving the likes of Ladbrokes, Betfred, Corals and those of that ilk behind. Website is very good also. I canā€™t comment on their shops as iā€™m not a shop punter and shops donā€™t interest me. They pulled out of Ireland years ago anyhow which again showed their thinking to be years ahead of Ladbrokes.

WillHill are in my kinda second tier of sites I go to. They are decent enough. They tend to have limited enough markets in the areas that I focus on.
Often I find something on Oddschecker e.g. Rugby 1-12 margin bets that have some odds for them and then you go to their site and its suspended.
Happens too often. They must create odds but donā€™t trust them enough to make them live or something. Or took a battering on them and are re-evaluating that market.

I agree with the Dunph. I find the William Hill site excellent.

My insolvency colleagues tell me Ladbrokes Ireland have ā‚¬1.5m in unclaimed winning bets. Check down the back of the sofas lads.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/paddy-power-refuse-to-pay-out-on-limerick-men-s-bet-on-rory-mcilroy-1-6722862

It was ridiculous to think PP were offering 14/1 on McIlroy to shoot par on a round. These lads are obviously chancing their arm.

Agreed. They were giving it the whole ā€œwe are only harmless punters and i came into the shop to ask if there were any specials on and canā€™t even write out a docketā€ skit but no doubt they were tipped off as to the error and no mug is going to ask the staff to ring the head office to make sure the price is ok. They were very well clued up, getting the staff to write out the docket and sign it to increase their chances too. :smiley:

Iā€™ve heard a rumour that Boylesports have made a bid for Irish Ladbrokes, they have until Thursday to pony up the money to buy their entire Irish estate if the rumour is to be believed.

Was reported a few weeks ago I think. Boyles will then have 4 shops in Enniscorthy

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/boylesports-lining-up-bid-for-ladbrokes-irish-business-1.2221548

Powers and Betfair announced their intention to merge this morning. Crazy shit.

Presumably the intention is to retain both brands and just have more efficient back office etc.

Thatā€™s what it looks like. Similar to Coral and Ladbrokes.

Thatā€™s mad Ted. Hopefully theyā€™ll keep their headquarters here.

Theyā€™ll have some market share here & the UK after that.

Should be a great move for both companies.

Hopefully the PP lads can improve that Betfair website.

Betvictor blow the muppets at Ladbrokes out of the water with this ad. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfY5Var5L4

1 Like

I got a call there a while ago from some English number and your man was saying he was from Betway. He had a Pakistani sounding accent though.ā€œCan i just confirm your security details firstā€ he says. " What is your date of birth?" he starts off with. I says ā€œbefore we start, iā€™m a bit busy here, but whatā€™s the call in relation to?ā€. I mean what are this crowd ringing me for? ā€œWe just wanted to know if youā€™re happy with our serviceā€ says your man. I found it a bit odd they would be concerned what iā€™d think of them, considering iā€™m restricted to a max win of ā‚¬50 at most on a horse. So at the prices iā€™m looking at, double digits, iā€™m usually allowed about a fiver with them. ā€œOh we donā€™t need to go any further, iā€™m quite happy with yeā€ says I cutting him off.

Was all this a bit odd in the circumstances and could it have been a scam to extract details out of me? I suppose it could have led to ā€œweā€™ve lost your bank details, can you call it out there over the phoneā€ or maybe iā€™m overly wary and it was all innocent enough?