Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

Definite scam mate. Why would he need to confirm your details when;

1. He’s ringing you
  2. He’s only asking if you are happy with the service

That’s what i was thinking. I suppose i could contact them and ask them if it was legit.

I’d be worried enough they had you phone number & knew your details.

Yeah had my full name and obviously the phone number. “Can you confirm your date of birth?” he says. He didn’t ring off a blocked number though. Would he have blocked it for a scam?

1 Like

@Smark @Watchyourtoes @Captainshan @Flano or others who’ve ever worked in a bookies - you should give @bookieemployees a follow on Twitter. A lot of little gems on a daily basis.

1 Like

Paddy power and betfair merger officially happened today. Rumours are powers let go a fair few staff in the shuffle. Let’s hope forum favourites @captainshan and @flano survived the cull. Did you hear anything about the fall out from this merger @mac?

Most of the Betfair management team in the senior positions. Good few of them are former Powers people that Breon took with him. Still a lot of people unsure if they have jobs for the foreseeable future.

Flano boxed the ears of Breon Corcoran

I hope @The_Tipping_King keeps his job.

Heard that alright from a lad working in there. Strange stuff, would have thought Powers was the better run of the two, and they went as the seniors in the merger and the headquarters is going to be in Dublin so why would you cull your own?
New CEO is the Betfair lad so maybe he just wanted his own lads.
Some ruthless bastards though, first day of the merger and they sack a load of them.

Breon handpicked a load of lads from Powers when he moved to Betfair. When it was decided he was gonna be the head guy it was inevitable he’d surround himself with his own people. Anyone who joined Powers in last 2 odd years is most at risk but they’ve all being doing land grabs over last 6 months to make themselves indispensable. Plenty of people will be happy to sign out of there with a nice redundancy cheque too and have been hanging around waiting for it.

The share scheme is treating them well too the bastards

New CEO from Betfair is also an ex director AFAIK with PP

Surprising to here of redundancies though after all the money they’ve pumped into the shops lately.

Sign of the times though, eventually there will only be a handful of bookie shops across the country as everything is done on the phone nowadays.

The story always went that if you were any good at your job in Powers you’d be headhunted by Betfair. And if you were left in Powers you were either shit at your job or you rubbed someone important up the wrong way. It’ll be an interesting Cheltenham week in Power Tower in 6 weeks time.

A handy tax exercise. The shop turnover in Ireland is a miniscule amount of their overall revenue. A way to stop people betting with competitors.

Informative rating.

We got nifty little speakers to mark the merger, it’s a load of shit in general it’s only the online Betfair are interested in, the retail shops of Powers are only a window in.

Plenty of degenerates in town who don’t trust/or can’t use the internet pal, your job is safe.

No money problems in William st place was fucking hopping today, do three 12 hour shifts in a row in there and you see what state the country is in.