Bookmakers and general Money Laundering on the Dark Web

Fairly sure bet365 offer BOG on multiples @Smark. As far as I knew they were the only ones. Maybe PP introduced it recently?

This is a decent bet.

1 Like

A double on two centre-halves scoring first? That fella will have it lost again before the league is over
He’s welcome in the degenerate thread though :clap:

1 Like

A scenario to unite the board. Some lad in Scotland had £100 on Rangers to be relegated in February 2012 at odds of 2500/1 with Coral. They refuse to pay as they say the club wasn’t relegated but it’s currently before a judge.

Lots of legal argument and stuff coming out about whether they were relegated or not. A guy called @jamesdoleman (sounds like @sidney) is live tweeting from it. Some entertaining reading.

Can’t see him winning it. Rangers were " expelled " from the Scottish premiership after the went into administration. They formed a new company after that and the Scottish FA had no option but to put them into division 3

How’d it even get to court? Bets aren’t legally binding I thought? At the bookmakers discretion?

I was following it earlier. Reckon the bloke has very slim chance of getting paid out but would love to be wrong. Some of the questions from the defence were pathetic. Basically putting across that he’s not a total mug at betting and trying to imply he is ‘sharp’. It should be irrelevant as regards the argument surrounding his bet and if Rangers were ‘relegated’ or ‘demoted’.

Rangers were neither relegated nor demoted. They were expelled from the premier league. For all intensive purposes they formed a new club and subsequently started off again in division three. He’s a dead duck

For all intents and purposes

13 Likes

The feeling is neutral

What is relegation? Is it not being in the top division the following year?
Long shot but definitely worth a punt (waheeey) if you met a judge who liked a flutter he might side with you

1 Like

They were expelled though. They weren’t relegated.
I reckon the bookies has so many technicalities to fall back on, the punter just can’t win.

Kinloch v Coral day one summarised.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/821441166906368000

Vaughan Williams sounds like a right nutjob. Entertaining reading.

1 Like

It should be a very straightforward case for Coral and they’re fucking it up. They’ll still win you’d imagine but the line of arguments is bizarre.

I see in a lot of the responses to the tweets people are saying Coral are avoiding the obvious and saying that Rangers were liquidated as the Rangers fans would go mad and boycott the shops. Why would this be such a none of contention

It’s part of Rangers fans claiming the same club status to preserve history and records and that sort of thing. They’d prefer to think they were relegated rather than liquidated and starting again.

1 Like

Any odds of who is going to win the case?

And the phrasing is so curious sometimes and the obvious liquidation defence that hasn’t been mentioned means that PR agenda seems the only likely explanation, or else it’s unbelievable incompetence on the part of their legal team.

But their social media division don’t seem to have the same script.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Coral/status/815173793954009092

Why were they allowed start again in Division 3. Should they not have gone below it to non league.

Ordinary definition of relegated means transfer a team to a lower division…which is what happened