Boxing II

I saw that. Mad stuff. 5 weight world champ :exploding_head:

Can join The Hitman, Sugar Ray, The Golden Boy, Pretty Boy Floyd and Pacman as a 5 weight world champion.

Fine company there.

2 Likes

Of course, and I know youā€™re well aware of this, there are lots of boxers from the early days who would have been 5 weight champions only there werenā€™t as many weights and as many belts back then. Henry Armstrong would have been an undisputed champion for 5 different weight classes. Sugar Ray Robinson would have been undisputed champion for at least 4 weight classes and probably would have picked up some kind of belt at light heavy weight if there had been more than one. Also, the fact that the divisions are closer together makes it easier to progress upwards because fighters can take baby steps with their weight instead of huge jumps.

1 Like

Itā€™s almost like he is able to pack on an unnatural amount of muscle

3 Likes

Yeah. Heā€™s such a class and stylish fighter that itā€™s a real pity you canā€™t believe heā€™s clean.

1 Like

It is. Heā€™s been incredible, but the amount of dodgy decisions and questionable drug results heā€™s gotten just make it impossible for me to shout for him.

2 Likes

Which crowd are showing Andrade-Quigley this weekend?

1 Like

DAZN, Iā€™d imagine.

I doubt many of the top fighters are clean.

2 Likes

Bloody hell. Quigley was horrendous. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Couldnā€™t make head nor tail of Andrade

3 Likes

It was like every punch Andrade threw it hurt Quigley. Way too strong & fast for him.

Has to be one of the most one sided fights Iā€™ve seen. Kinda reminded me of Rocky Fielding against Canelo but last night was worse.

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t get up for it now, thatā€™s very disappointing.

He looked completely out of his depth, possibly overwhelmed by the occasion. As for one sided fightsā€¦.donā€™t forget Willie Casey v Guillermo rigondeaux

1 Like

I thought he boxed ok but just couldnā€™t seem to get Andradeā€™s timing at all. And yeah, every punch seemed to land flush

1 Like

Crawford stops Porter, first to ever do it, latter gave it absolutely everything. What a fight.

Quigley had his jaw broken, maybe explains the non-performance

2 Likes

Will Crawford and ESJ ever happen?

Quigley is well-able to take a punch, so that says a lot. Thereā€™s a reason the big boys avoid Andrade. Serious operator.

1 Like