Boxing Thread

Said it before and il say it again,Floyd is a cunt the best of times but he is one of if not the best P4P fighter of all time.

Cynthia Ross is a fucking disgrace, how could anyone call that fight a draw? This is the same woman who gave Bradley the win over Pacman as well remember. Mayweather is different class.

It’s galling, but Mayweather is the best, arguably the best ever of the light-mid weight fighters

It’s sick how good he is.

Or a GAA thread

Nah, when WTB is talking about hurling that doesn’t involve Clare he’s pretty knowledgable.

Sickened for Matthysse. His eye closing was obviously a disaster, but Garcia still took his power much better than I expected/hoped.

Disappointed with Canelo’s performance. Had his moments but brought a stupid gameplan. Trading with Mayweather in open country is suicide.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 832346, member: 260”]Sickened for Matthysse. His eye closing was obviously a disaster, but Garcia still took his power much better than I expected/hoped.

Disappointed with Canelo’s performance. Had his moments but brought a stupid gameplan. Trading with Mayweather in open country is suicide.[/quote]
Getting in the ring with Mayweather is suicide!!

:rolleyes:

Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time.

He’s a great fighter, but he’s nowhere close to that. Throw him in with the Fab Four and see how he gets on. He took the path of least resistance too many times anyway. It helped make him rich but his legacy will never recover from it.

I’d agree with this.

Would I be correct in saying that Canelo is the only fighter he’s taken on in fucking years who could be said to be actually in his prime and a genuine threat? Mayweather fought a lot of guys past their peak or at weights to his advantage.

Undoubtedly one of the best ever though. The cunt.

Stay in the Serie A thread talking to yourself pal.

Stop making pointless and idiotic comments, bro.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 832538, member: 1533”]I’d agree with this.

Would I be correct in saying that Canelo is the only fighter he’s taken on in fucking years who could be said to be actually in his prime and a genuine threat? Mayweather fought a lot of guys past their peak or at weights to his advantage.

Undoubtedly one of the best ever though. The cunt.[/quote]

His two best victories are still Corrales and Castillo, more than 10 years ago now. He had a chance to do great things at 147 after he beat Hatton but he decided to ‘retire’ instead. His ducking of Margarito was especially disgusting and his legacy will always suffer because of it. He’ll be remembered as a great but he doesn’t have the wins to put him in the upper echelons.

I don’t think that will be the case at all. Margarito was exposed later on in his career. The most difficult fight Mayweather avoided in his career was Paul Williams and he was avoided by everyone in the welterweight division at that time.

Margarito wasn’t exposed. Himself and Cotto beat the prime out of each other and he was a dead man at the weight when he fought Mosley. If you’re going to suggest Margarito was exposed, what about Williams getting totally outclassed by Lara who would be an inferior version of Floyd?

When Floyd ‘retired’, Margarito and Cotto were two very dangerous men. Cotto was completely ruined by the time Floyd eventually fought him and he still gave Floyd hell for eight rounds. The difference between Tony and Cotto is that while Arum kept Cotto away from Floyd, he offered him a truckload of money to fight Tony and Floyd ran for the hills. He fought fucking Baldomir instead for a fraction of the payday he would have got against Margarito. That finished him for a lot of people. It was shameless.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 832709, member: 260”]Margarito wasn’t exposed. Himself and Cotto beat the prime out of each other and he was a dead man at the weight when he fought Mosley. If you’re going to suggest Margarito was exposed, what about Williams getting totally outclassed by Lara who would be an inferior version of Floyd?

When Floyd ‘retired’, Margarito and Cotto were two very dangerous men. Cotto was completely ruined by the time Floyd eventually fought him and he still gave Floyd hell for eight rounds. The difference between Tony and Cotto is that while Arum kept Cotto away from Floyd, he offered him a truckload of money to fight Tony and Floyd ran for the hills. He fought fucking Baldomir instead for a fraction of the payday he would have got against Margarito. That finished him for a lot of people. It was shameless.[/quote]

He was exposed in that he was a cheat.

The only thing he was guilty of was making Floyd Mayweather shit his pants.

:rolleyes:

Margarito’s reputation is in ruins. History won’t remember Mayweather ducking Margarito, it will remember Margarito as a fraud.