Boxing Thread

After Saunders who is there in the UK really?? A defeat to Golovkin doesnt finish Lee. Still plenty big fights for him in America even if he loses to Golovkin.

Might as well. Don’t know who Golovkin is going to fight. He can only wait so long for Canelo.

Murray, Macklin, Eubank Jr, N’Dam is managed by Hyde too so he’s an option. If he could win a couple of those fights he would have momentum for a real cash-out fight in the US.

Fair enough. I’d like to see Lee get a few defences in. Have to think that a few pay days against over hyped British fighters like Eubank jnr is a better option than getting destroyed by Golovkin. Once he’s lost the belt to Golovkin he’s back to living off scraps and looking for a shot at someone again instead of commanding proper money.

Macklin is finished, Eubank has beaten no one of note. N’Dam possibly but Lee has bigger fish to fry in states, Cotto is a possibility also. The fights you have named out are middle of the road fights. Lee needs to capitalise on his rep in America and not be pussy footing around with the likes of eubank and macklin

Not neccessarily. I think saunders is a good fight and if he can win that id like to see him try get a unification fight with Cotto preferably as its a more winable fight than GGG. Lee should concentrate on the States thats where the big fights and a fighters rep is made.

Lee v Macklin would still be a massive fight and fill the point or Thomand, Murray would be big as well, so to Saunders but that be dangerous.

Andy Lee has only earned money in the last week. He needs to pick his next five fights carefully and look after himself.

Steve Collins proved himself in America only losing against Mike McCallum and Regie Johnson but he earned his money against Benn and Eubank in Britain and Ireland. Lee could do likewise and give Ireland some great boxing nights.

The middleweight division is dead right now. There are no bigger fights, unless Lee somehow lands the megafight with Canelo, which seems unlikely. Cotto already rejected him and I doubt the WBO belt would change his mind on the matter.

A Quillin rematch, or a unification bout with Lemieux in Montreal (if he wins the IBF strap) are the only things to bring Lee across the Atlantic now I think. There just aren’t many ‘big’ fights out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DFBdzyksCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGCgGg1vOo

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 1122795, member: 260”]The middleweight division is dead right now. There are no bigger fights, unless Lee somehow lands the megafight with Canelo, which seems unlikely. Cotto already rejected him and I doubt the WBO belt would change his mind on the matter.

A Quillin rematch, or a unification bout with Lemieux in Montreal (if he wins the IBF strap) are the only things to bring Lee across the Atlantic now I think. There just aren’t many ‘big’ fights out there.[/QUOTE]
Cotto rejected him because he viewed it as a dangerous fight. there wasn’t much reward for Cotto by winning it. Now there is.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1122776, member: 1785”]Lee v Macklin would still be a massive fight and fill the point or Thomand, Murray would be big as well, so to Saunders but that be dangerous.

Andy Lee has only earned money in the last week. He needs to pick his next five fights carefully and look after himself.

Steve Collins proved himself in America only losing against Mike McCallum and Regie Johnson but he earned his money against Benn and Eubank in Britain and Ireland. Lee could do likewise and give Ireland some great boxing nights.[/QUOTE]

The money isn’t in venue attendances, it is in the TV deals. Lee vs macklin is a nothing fight from a TV point of view in the states. lee should go after the mega fights. He has something that a lot European fighters don’t have and that is a lot of credibility with the American Networks. If he beats Saunders he should be looking at a big fight with Cotto or Golovkin. Even if he loses he can still get plenty fights after against the likes of Murray and Eubanks junior. No brainer as far as I’m concerned. Take advantage of his profile in the states and fight Cotto or Golovkin if he can

He should try to get a couple of decent pay offs before going after either of those. GGG would destroy Lee, Cotto would have too much for him too.

You’re right, Lee’s a tall, hard-hitting southpaw. That’s risk Cotto doesn’t want. And a WBO strap isn’t going to change his mind.

Lee would batter Cotto

Fuck these decent pay out fights. Get a fucking whopper payout against Golovkin, like I said he can still get those type of fights even if he loses to Golovkin. Golovkin and lee style wise actually makes for a good fight. GGG is a come forward fighter and that would suit Lee as a counter puncher. In all likely hood GGG would knock him out but so what. No shame in the that. Too much of this “oh get a few payouts” shit in boxing. Golovkin and lee is a very easy fight to make. HBO PPV and a middleweight unification. Lee gets over a million no problem for that fight. Take your chance and sure if he loses he can fall back on fights like Macklin Murray or Eubanks jnr

Fight of the year coming up this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbz9GSsSnv0

[SIZE=5]Billy Joe Saunders: Andy Lee is ‘coming to an end’ in his career[/SIZE]
By Scott Christ[/URL]  [URL=‘http://twitter.com/scottchristBLH’]@scottchristBLH[/URL] on Apr 14, 2015, 5:05p [URL=‘http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/4/14/8416341/billy-joe-saunders-andy-lee-is-coming-to-an-end-in-his-career#comments’]30

Dan Mullan/Getty Images

Billy Joe Saunders respects Andy Lee, but believes he’s just too fresh for what he sees as a declining fighter.
Top middleweight contender Billy Joe Saunders likely has a WBO title fight waiting for him sometime this year against Andy Lee, and the 25-year-old southpaw says he sees Lee fading at this point in his career.

“Andy Lee is strong and game but he’s been on the floor in his last three fights and is coming to the end. He’s at a point where he’s cashing in and I don’t blame him for that but I’m too fresh for him. His luck has got to run out some time and I’m the man to take his title. He’s got a lot of miles on the clock, unlike, say, [Gennady] Golovkin, who is still young and fresh as a champion.”
Lee (34-2-1, 24 KO) fought to a split draw with Peter Quillin this past weekend on PBC on NBC, surviving a couple of early knockdowns to rally back and leave without a defeat.
Saunders (21-0, 11 KO) last fought on November 29, surviving a late rally attempt from Chris Eubank Jr in a highly-publicized grudge match between a pair of standout young fighters at 160. Saunders is tentatively slated to return on May 9 against an opponent to be named at Wembley Arena, on the same night that Eubank is penciled in to face veteran Les Sherrington.

[QUOTE=“Raylan, post: 1124062, member: 2891”][SIZE=5]Billy Joe Saunders: Andy Lee is ‘coming to an end’ in his career[/SIZE]
By Scott Christ[/URL]  [URL=‘http://twitter.com/scottchristBLH’]@scottchristBLH[/URL] on Apr 14, 2015, 5:05p [URL=‘http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/4/14/8416341/billy-joe-saunders-andy-lee-is-coming-to-an-end-in-his-career#comments’]30

Dan Mullan/Getty Images

Billy Joe Saunders respects Andy Lee, but believes he’s just too fresh for what he sees as a declining fighter.
Top middleweight contender Billy Joe Saunders likely has a WBO title fight waiting for him sometime this year against Andy Lee, and the 25-year-old southpaw says he sees Lee fading at this point in his career.

“Andy Lee is strong and game but he’s been on the floor in his last three fights and is coming to the end. He’s at a point where he’s cashing in and I don’t blame him for that but I’m too fresh for him. His luck has got to run out some time and I’m the man to take his title. He’s got a lot of miles on the clock, unlike, say, [Gennady] Golovkin, who is still young and fresh as a champion.”
Lee (34-2-1, 24 KO) fought to a split draw with Peter Quillin this past weekend on PBC on NBC, surviving a couple of early knockdowns to rally back and leave without a defeat.
Saunders (21-0, 11 KO) last fought on November 29, surviving a late rally attempt from Chris Eubank Jr in a highly-publicized grudge match between a pair of standout young fighters at 160. Saunders is tentatively slated to return on May 9 against an opponent to be named at Wembley Arena, on the same night that Eubank is penciled in to face veteran Les Sherrington.[/QUOTE]
Lovely :slight_smile:

What ever happened to Brian Peters? Did he just pass off all his fighters to Hearn? About five or six years ago they’d have a lot of decent fights involving the likes of Lee, Macklin, Duddy, McCloskey and Dunne on RTE, nowadays we have nothing. Three of those fighters are inactive and Lee and Macklin moved on to a world level so their run came to an end as far as Peters was concerned or RTE. Does he (or RTE) not bother promoting any of the young Irish pros now or is there just nobody really worth it at this time?

Strap?
You’re reading too much dribble boxing journo’s. The Gerry Thornleys of boxing no doubt. :rolleyes: