Boxing Thread

Just watched Fury on Sky Sports News, looks like he has mugged Klitchko off big style. Rightly called him out about pulling out before it even happened

It’s a sickener. Not much to look forward to this winter without it.

1 Like

Have you had a look at what’s going on at middleweight at all??

Contemplating staying up for Matthysse v Postol. Matthysse usually delivers a show so I’m leaning towards watching it.

Matthysse busy as usual. Postol and entourage including Freddie came out with Pray For Ukraine on their t-shirts… I’m definitely now hoping Matthysse plays with him before knocking him out!

Tight to 5, Matthysse won 6&7, Postol wins 8 looking like a different boxer…

Postol ko’s Matthysse in the 10th.

Good right cross but Matthysse didn’t even attempt to get up!..strange

Michael Conlan through to the final of the World Championships in Qatar.

Joe Ward and Laois’s Michael O’Reilly (who beat the chap who beat Jason Quigley in the last World Championship middleweight final) have secured a medal and are one win away from qualifying for Rio.

Yet another superb performance from Ireland on this day of days for our sportsmen.

Sensational week

2 Likes

Michael O’Reillys coach is Pat Ryan, a bit of a sports coaching legend in Laois. He was elected President of the IABA last week, and then on Thursday night managed Emo to a SFC semi final win over Arles Kileen. This is the 3rd team now that he’s gotten to a county final if memory serves me correctly. Incidentally, Mick Lawlor is still kicking with that Emo team, and at the age of 42 kicked 1-1 in the semi replay.

Michael Conlan world champion, some achievement again by our boxers.

Portlaoise’s Michael O Reilly appears to have been rammed

1 Like

Think Conlan said he’ll be turning pro after the Olympics, he certainly has what it takes to make a success of himself after it comes around, hopefully with his gold medal.

Lovely lad, by all accounts.

2 Likes

is he a protestant?

He’s a fenian.

Just caught the end of the O’REILLY fight, it looked like he thought he had won it, was he ripped off?

Utterly rammed by all accounts. You wouldn’t like him though mate.

Silver for Joe Ward

Any indication of who he’d go pro with?

Golovkin vs Lemieux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwYqjLayHQ

1 Like

Unstoppable.