Boxing Thread

Good performance last night. Controlled Lemieux beautifully with his jab. Showed some great defensive footwork too for the first time since his US campaign started. Lemieux really needed to go all in early on because he hadn’t a hope of out-boxing Golovkin. Just got jabbed to death. He had a good rally at the end of the 6th but once Golovkin re-established control in the 7th he was finished.

Gonzalez was superb on the undercard. Best fighter in the world right now I reckon. A joy to watch.

1 Like

Heard Tyson Fury broke his arm today. Not confirmed as yet.

From last week but worth a read

1 Like

Frampton vs Quigg
27/02/2016
Manchester

1 Like

What is the lowdown on these two?

Both unbeaten super bantamweight world champions.

Are they both outstanding fighters?

Neither of them want to fight Rigondeaux I’d say, but he’s after being stripped of his belts so big opportunity for whoever wins this

Cotto-Canelo just around the corner now. Cotto will stop him.

Pacquiao vs Khan
09/04/16
Las Vegas

Good night in the Stadium.

Knock out territory tonight, which is normally great, but after so many there’s nothing like a good scrap.

McDonagh v Byrne was it, fight of the night, and for me McDonagh deserved the win.

Jamie Conlon is a gentleman. His family/supporters are wonderful people.

Sadly though, McGregor was box office, there was queues to try get to him, tops been thrown for him to sign, photo after photo, it was chaos. Poppy didn’t register.

Waiting for Rios v Bradley…I’ll be doing well to see it.

3 Likes

Great round. Bradley up for this.

Just watched it. Rios was awful, not even close to fit, very disappointing. If Rios was at his best that fight would have been all action.

Who has the Cotto-Canelo fight next week?

Boxnation. Cant waaaaaaaiiit.

Cotto at 9/4.

Thank you very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZDemQM_18

How do think this will go? I think Alvarez will have too much energy for Cotto at this stage.

Think I’d lean towards Canelo too. Reckon it’ll be too risky for Cotto to get into extended trades with him without taking big shots.

Will be interesting to see how Cotto approaches it though. With Roach in the corner there’s a good chance he comes out aggressive which will make for an explosive fight. Both of them are beautiful combination punchers.

But he might also fight like he did against Margarito in their second fight. He has a great jab and is still a good pot-shotter. And his movement is potentially good enough to expose Canelo’s relative weakness in cutting off the ring.

It’s a close call but like you I think Canelo’s youth will get it done.

3 Likes

Agree rating.