Boxing Thread

You don’t be long turning averge when your drinking the tits off yourself.It’s an awful pity Duddy never got to fight him.

Yeah, Duddy would have had a decent shout against him that time. Promoters really fucked Duddy’s career over.

Duddy was blocking too many punches with his face.That’s what fucked him.The Mcloughlins fuckin him over didn’t help either.

Ah yeah, he was limited but his promotional problems put him out of a few big fights that could have been made at the time due to his popularity.

Jacobs ta. Not sure wft i was thinking about

He made two major fuck ups,he fought some lad in MSG from Canada ranked way below him who he just about beat but Pavlik people were there and left half way through.They gave him a second chance to impress by putting him in against a stable mate of Pavliks out in Jersey city,he was beat again and that was game over.

Pavlik was an awful drunk. Lads from Youngstown make out he could barely spell his name. Just born with the ability to hit like a mule.

White trash really.

Did you watch the Jacobs fight? Would be interested to see how you could find 7 rounds that he won. He moved well and fought well however ggg still easily won 8 rounds along with a knockdown and beat him frim pillar to post. It’s just the revisionist and seemingly cool opinion to have despite it not being anywhere based on reality. Canelo will land a lot of flashy counters and has to pray it goes to cards, where him being a cash cow, would probably result in a decision. Doubt it goes that far though, Canelo stays on the ropes and takes long periods of rounds off. This will look like the beating GGG gave to Brook except it maybe makes it to 7/8. GGG by ko, and it will be comprehensive. Lads talking about John Duddy :grin: Christ he was awful, Kelly Pavlik would have sent him to a care home.

He nearly sent himself to one.

Will be very hard for Golovkin to win it on the cards. Judges are ridiculously favourable to Canelo. Easily could have lost the Lara and Trout fights with straight judges.

I don’t think you’re the most impartial observer when it comes to Golovkin.

To be honest I don’t think he was that good .

Agreed. Canelo got a drawn card against Floyd :neutral_face:

Canelo is a better more skilful boxer than GGG imho . The question is how much GGG hurts him . That will be the key . Great fight in prospect

He’s more rounded anyway. I think it’s all about Golovkin’s jab. If Canelo can pick his moments to step in he’ll light Golovkin up in the pocket. But if Golovkin establishes the jab he’ll control where the fight is fought and at what pace. Canelo doesn’t like to work hard every round. If Golovkin can force him to he’ll wear him down. Leaning towards Canelo myself though.

Like Tyson used to say everybody’s got a plan till they get punched in the face.

2 Likes

I watched it this morning.
Obviously i knew the result, but i try to impartially score boxing as i watcj as we can be so easily forgetful with late rounds. I haven’t the piece of paper but i had 8 rounds for him. Definitely 1/2/3, got a bit messier after that. And a large vhunk of last few

Not sure how you found 8 rounds to be honest, to give 5 was generous imo, but ok.

I never wait up anymore, but I’ll wait up for this one.