Boxing Thread

I don’t like his style, I find his running, points scoring mo hard to watch. He schooled Lemeuix there but it wasn’t entertaining. It’s cool to say ‘clinic’ but as I said I find him boring to watch. Good technician, yes. Hopefully he fights GGG or Canelo.

I thought he could have stopped Lemieux if he really went for it around Rd 6/7/8, but that’s not really his style. His conditioning held up well too which would have been another doubt previously. Would he have to come forward more in a US fight against Golovkin or Canelo I wonder?

That was one of the most impressive performances you’ll see this year.

In against a decent puncher in his own backyard. Christ, the art of boxing is also about not being hit.

BJS was not stopped, not hit, not even marked. He jabbed and moved, slipped and threw shots, doubled up with blows too. Super performance.

Not pretty in round 12 I agree but job done 1-11.
Bring on GGG

1 Like

Disagree, but each to his own. Lem was a disgrace there, fat and slow. It was a good performance but let’s not pretend it’s the second coming of Floyd. Also GGG knocked that same opponent out, destroying him. Not close to any of the most impressive performances I’ve seen this year anyway.

That was a hugely impressive performance from Billy Joe.

Watched the welterweight fight in brisbane.
Looked as dirty a brawl as you’ll see all year.

Spike has some interesting sponsors

1 Like

It was a very good fight last night, good game plan by Spike and Collins, young American lad was shell shocked in the 7th

I knew Spike when he was only a small boy, he got himself into trouble a few years ago by giving an ex girlfriend a slap,
He seems an alright lad now though when you hear him, is he in with a shout at a title fight?

he used to bet the shite out of women, a real hardman alright

1 Like

Very much so, you have GGG, Canelo and Saunders in that weight division, I think Spike would be hoping to challenge one of them in 2018

1 Like

What kind of money would spike be earning for last night’s fight?

Probably not much by the time he has paid his costs.

1 Like

I’d say not a whole amount - he has 30 odd professional fights at this stage and his main sponsor is “Conal’s Tree Services”…he needs a big name in 2018 to get some dollars in the bank before he retires

2 Likes

Snow Qween is quite the tweeter

1 Like

Just back down from Fulham and Hammersmith there, great buzz around the place, Villa bet out the gate. George Groves is going to spark that fucker Eubank tonight

2 Likes

@Copper_pipe

Any links to Groves vs Eubank?

I’ll have a look.

1 Like