Boxing Thread

The ginger drugs cheat robbed the great GGG again, though it wasn’t as clear cut this time

I didn’t allude to supporting anyone. I was happy to see coward GGG beaten.

You were happy with an outcome that saw a convicted drugs cheat get the decision. You’ve already clarified that. You have a very ambivalent attitude to drugs in sport.

Yes.

Maybe Golovkin should target super middleweights and not blown up steroid using welterweights when picking opponents.

Aren’t you a Mayweather fan? He had to fight a UFC fighter to preserve his unbeaten record

what club did you fight out of? I fought out of Kilfenora in the 1990’s

1 Like

Mayweather has won belts at 5 different weight levels.

He had to fight some mick wrestler/actor to preserve his unbeaten record

I have to pull a few strings to get ye the official cards but there ye go. Ye can watch the fight back and look at the card, turn off the commentary which was annoyingly bias towards ggg. Might be closer than ye think. Canelo was walking him down for most of the fight and throwing more power punches. Ggg threw 30 more jabs not alot of damage there.

1 Like

His legacy was complete, he demolished all opponents at five different weight levels.

How many jabs = a power punch?

Alvarez threw more power shots. Also he had a far greater variety in his boxing though I suppose that’s maybe irrelevant, it’s just the shots landed.

Like who, Khan?

I’ve just watched the whole thing again,the Mexican just shaded it in my book

1 Like

Thought ggg won myself.

You were very hard to hit.

Alverez won just about, the biased commentary didn’t help any neutral watching it. Hate been told who won a Rd, told 3 times in the fight that ggg won and I thought Alverez won handy, pressing power shots and avoided any damage, thing is here most commentators have their favs and the Co is a bitter brain dead clown, a left jab throwing 100 times doesn’t beat a lad throwing 60 power shots
Tip tip tip vs bam bam bam

a jab is a legitimate scoring punch.

the power of a punch is not quantifiable with the naked eye. Either a scoring punch scores or it doesn’t.

Professional and amateur boxing are farcical with the inconsistencies in judging and down right blatant cheating.

Respectfully I disagree, you can’t say a jab is worth as much as a straight, the level of skill and intelligence required to land them and the level of damage delivered is very different.
The problem is in trying to quantify how much each is worth.

trying to keep someone at the end of a jab is a major piece of skill and a legitimate tactic, to do so on the back foot as GGG was, is downright spectacular and Mayweather-esque.

This is my point exactly. I’d score a jab, you wouldn’t, obviously the same thing with the judge who had it even and then the boys who gave it to Canelo. Sure where are you at.