Boxing Thread

Very honest interview, hard truth to take for him.

Paddy’s retiring

Paddy appears a decent skin

1 Like

Didn’t realize he was after coming up a division, he’s even small at flyweight.

A song that the plastic paddy, Paul Hewson, explicitly says is not a political song.

I have no notion of reading through the thread but it is shameful to see the lack of coverage given to Katie Taylor. If she was an atheist transgender lesbian Irish meejia would be all over it. If, when, she unites all the belts she should refuse to talk to the fuckers.

She’s the highest profile female boxer in the world, all her fights are on tv and heavily promoted. There’s a special about her on Netflix. She’s universally recognised as one of the most skillful fighters on the planet. What exactly are you looking for?

How many women box competitively? How many women watch Katie Taylor fights compared to how many men?

6 Likes

I have no notion of reading back through the thread but do you even watch boxing yourself?

I see Lee Reeves won on points earlier on

If Katie trans, is there any opportunity for her against lomachenko at 135. Fair is fair,. Give the people the fight.

Ugly fight between Vargas and Collazo over, Conlan up next

Conlan pretty pedestrian in the first

I’d give him the second, not by a whole lot but he’s dictating the fight so far

If he keeps his hands down like he does it only takes one lucky punch

His movement is streets ahead, Garcia is winging with his head down half the time cos he can’t fix where Conlan is standing.

Very low blow there :persevere:

Not the type of finish he wants

Comfortable win, never looked like getting the stoppage though

Conlon doesn’t have it. Won’t even reach John Duddy’s level of success.

1 Like

Conlon doesn’t have any power in his punches

Seems to be doing well for himself since he moved to the States.

Lads

Is it fair to say 1 olympics is enough for a boxer . A second cycle is too long in the amateur game .

2 Likes