BREXIT thread

That was his point, mate.

People from Donegal have been going back and forth to Scotland for a few hundred years - they were the cornerstone of setting up Clubs like Celtic but also the reason Donegal has such a fine footballing pedigree itself. Of course, Scotland was part of Ireland for a long time - and got its name (Scotia) from Ireland which was historically known as Scotia - so I really dont get what lads are on about saying Celtic isnt an Irish club - it couldnt be any more Irish.

I’m sorry but the fucking yawnsome bores that have taken over this site, it’s awful.

I quit facebook because I realised my news feed was the same group of 3 or 4 people posting inane shit and that same group of 3 or 4 liking every post the members of the little group made, like a co-dependent reciprocity. TFK is going the same way, the same 2 or 3 or 4 bores devoting their entire fucking day to the same repetitive spamming. No one else is liking their shit, everyone else is just bored with them. No fucking wit about a single post that’s been made on this board for days now. I always know what you lads are going to say before you say it. I could probably have written the entire past few days on this thread myself.

You lads probably look down on the young Instagram posers posting boring shit and fishing desperately for a few likes. Fishing for TFK likes from your INTERNET friends is very different. It baffles me the long hours they put into this nonsense, it’s a 24 hour operation for these few lads to get likes off each other. Do they have no homes to go to?

8 Likes

Just ignore them — the problem is that the same few people respond to them every time - if everyone just ignores HBV, Tassotti, Brimmer (Jon Snow) and Mickee then their internet experience will be a whole pile better … the same guys were banned not so long ago for repetitive, stale, posting but the mods let them back.

1 Like

Why dont you piss off then. Lookit, nobody if any note gives a shit what you say it think unless you are making a holy show of yourself and everyone is laughing at you.
Sling your hook you cunt.

1 Like

Seeth is high today.

I’ve given that a “like”.

There was a lovely flow to it.

Pretend IRA types don’t like it when their bullshit challenged, they would love to dish out a kneecapping to people that have a different opinion

You missed HBV when he took his sabbatical.

If you don’t like it you can fuck off pal.

4 Likes

Fixed

You’re dead right.

The commentary from @anon61878697 is most unfortunate of late

We are having a discussion here and I outline my reasons on a pretty high level as to why I believe absorbing Northern Ireland into Ireland and forming a 32 county Republic would be an economic and social disaster for Ireland at least,

( @TheBlackSpot who I apologise for calling a fiend :slight_smile: (we are cut from the same cloth pal…) has also in a brief eulogy specified his reasons why as a citizen of NI he wants little to do with it (unification )and is happy with the British administration for economic and social means… we have no reason to doubt the man and his views warrant respect)

As to how anyone can think we (in Ireland) can possibly support the impoverished region when we have a horrendous homeless crisis and a stone age public health system of our own is reckless, shortsighted and arrogant – numbers of 10 billiion? GBP/EUR have been touted as to the annual cost to support the enclave, whether true or not the reasons to take on this extra debt are surely the subject of folly

Look, I have presented a viewpoint , and I have asked the forum for any reasons to the contrary why a so called “united Ireland” is a favorable outcome or makes any economic or social sense in a pretty concise post earlier today.

You have not outlined any reason as to why or how you think this undertaking should be achieved but have no problem with mudsligning when opinions to the contrary are laid out - I do not know your reasons for wanting us to absorb NI, maybe you feel it is time to don the green jersey, have some adolescent sense of bedroom “nationalism” or otherwise, you mentioned pride … this is ok also , however shortsighted it leaves you BTW –but please I would love to hear your reasons

You are adding no value to proceedings at the moment with the sniping, generalizing and personalization of a global issue @anon61878697 and are in fact part of the problem and not the solution ( will I fk off to israel, etc…)- you will find young man as you embark on life people will have different opinions to you and it’s ok @anon61878697 to have some of your own from time to time.

Please, the floor is yours, get the forum moving again my friend…

5 Likes

Great post. @anon61878697 spends a lot of time reading Ireland 1922 - 1935 books which basically has fuck all relevance to todays events.

He makes some good points that not everything is or should be about the market or money BUT a lot of lives will be much worse off health wise, socially and of course jobs and stability wise. Where all the nordies who work for the british state and are very well paid, going to work after re-unification? For Ireland’s civil service on E 40k a year? Not going to work. Not now anyway.

1 Like

I found myself nodding in agreement as I read all of that contribution, the pretend IRA lads would not be the sharpest tools in the box to be fair and are easily manipulated into some innocent sort of nationalistic nonsense by slimebags in the likes of Sinn Fein, with out any sort of thought of what the actual social and economic implications of a UI would be

Nationalism is the last refuge of the scoundrel as the man said.

1 Like

You’ve gone to all this bother to try and sound learned and reasonable, when last night you were talking about unprotected sex with a diseased rectum, and ‘northern Ireland’ drifting off into the ‘Pacific’.
You’d have made a big enough tit of yourself without showing your oceanic ignorance.
It’s the ATLANTIC you moron.

1 Like

If Brexit happens, and it will, there will be a United Ireland within a few years. Brexit will devastate NI, which is already dysfunctional, and enough from both sides of the historical NI divide will favor a United Ireland to pass a referendum. It’s going to happen lads, get used to the idea. As for health care, the south could learn a lot from their northern neighbors.

The biggest economic benefit is multinational investment, not just the US but Asian companies wanting access to EU markets. Ireland is the preferable location for multinationals for a variety of well established reasons.

That post required no effort to write. I understand for some a few coherent words is an achievement but “5 yards will do for the corner back, etc”, is applicable to a few…not yourself i may add.

Anyhow. …look i apologise if I used some graphic language to illustrate a point ( you however can choose how you wish to interptet) but the bottom line remains it would be nigh on insane for Ireland to attempt to absorb this “area” and the rather extreme folk who inhabit her. …

Aside from taking issue with my prose. What are your thoughts on the situation?

2 Likes