BREXIT thread

What I would add to that is this.
Few northern nationalists would want to be simply absorbed into the “Free” State and republicans in particular at least claim to want to change the nature of that state.
Up until Brexit, northern nats in general were fairly content to remain as UK citizens within the European context. Brexit is changing that as it brings the prospect of having to live in a loyalist ulster instead.

Now, what also has to be thrown into the mix is that the demographics of the North are changing. I heard figures quoted from the last census which claimed that in the North those in the 70+ age group Unionists outnumbered Nats 70% to 30% whereas with those of school age that figure was reversed.

Changes are coming and you are correct @mickee321 the debate should have started a long time ago.

1 Like

You’re married to a woman from the Middle East who throws household items at you, yet you regard people from NI as “extreme”. How much time have you spent in NI?

1 Like

I believe there are now more Catholics than Protestants at all education levels in NI.

The first reply :clap:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Now we’re talking☺

Utter bollox. Good man chef.

If there was a referendum held one week after Brexit, how do you think it would turn out both sides of the border?

are you on the Jack Herer bud?

1 Like

This is a stat that could stand further scrutiny.

Protestant males are much more likely that their Catholic counterparts to leave school without what is considered a sort of standard basic education (5 GCSEs including Maths & English). Catholics are therefore more likely to continue to A level standard and third level education which would distort your figures if they are being taken as an indication of the split in popualtion.

1 Like

You need to get on the next flight home pal, within the next decade Ireland will be an economic powerhouse and England will be even more of a shit hole than it is now. Don’t let life pass you by, seize the moment.

Down south it wouldn’t get 20%. Only a simpleton would vote to inherit a failed cesspit nation that comes with a 10b pa price tag

2/3 in favor mate, you’re even more wrong than you were on the abortion referendum. NI isn’t a nation, Ireland is.

You are out of touch by about 30 years.

1 Like

A situation which has no chance of happening.* Who do you think would win a fight between the easter bunny and the tooth fairy?

• I think people on this side of the border would shit themselves and vote no. And there would be riots and a no vote in NI.

The only place I would consider moving to is America. A referendum on a United Ireland would fail in the Republic, Mick the muldoon knows what side his bread is buttered on to be fair. He doesn’t give a shit about some misplaced sense of nationalism, this would come down to money, there would be too much at stake financially and socially.

2 Likes

:grinning:

1 Like

Don’t normally agree with brit arse licker @Tassotti but he is right here, couldn’t see a vote on unification passing unless the EU would give us the money to afford taking on NI

Looks like some people are finally realising that SF strategy for a United Ireland is working

So the consensus emerging seems to be that NI will vote for a United Ireland but the “Republic” will deny it.

You couldn’t make it up, what an assortment of oddballs and halfwits this place is.

1 Like