BREXIT thread

Look at the polls

Of course the EU would fund it, it would be in their interest to see a United Ireland succeed, especially with the UK gone.

2 Likes

Look at West Germany, mick the muldoon would look at that, where they are still pumping billions into the east, and there is savage resentment over it, west germans hate east germans, they see them as backward and useless. The EU would need a savage financial package, which would of course would come with all sorts of strings attached, good bye to mick the muldoon make it up as you go along corporate tax affairs for a start

4 Likes

:laughing: Gas cunt.

You’re deeming a few scattershot replies over twenty minutes from when you posed the question, to be a “consensus”. SMJ.

You do realize there’s only about ten actual people who post here, it’s not hard to reach a consensus.

37 lads post here regularly enough, but 10 of them are the same person

2 Likes

We don’t want Northeren Oireland. We have nothing in common with them anymore. They are a totally different race of people and rhey should be left the way they are now, living peacefully in their own space with the brits paying for it.

I think the first step is for Northern Ireland to become independent and have an actual government with power over all its affairs. It can remain within the UK for appeasements sake and for shit like defense or whatever if that’s what they want but remain in the EU. Then over a ten year period the UK and EU can subsidize the shit out of it so it can stand on its own two feet by the end. We can look at a United ireland properly then in twenty years time. I believe we will see a United ireland in my lifetime but if it’s too soon it’ll be a shit show for all concerned. We have waited this long we can wait a little longer. It’s an inevitability but there’s no rush. I think anyone who genuinely wants a United ireland that’s United in more than name, should not be looking to force the issue at the moment. We aren’t ready and they definitely aren’t.

2 Likes

Paddy puts a price on it as usual. Bunch of greasy til fumblers.fucks.sake.

2 Likes

Mick sold his future when he gave up billions in fishing rights, the best in europe for a few handouts and to have his head patted in brussels and told he was a good little simpleton. Now milennial mick is fighting tooth and nail against brexit as the docile cunt thinks europe is some sort of force for almighty good that cares deeply for him, fully brainwashed

3 Likes

Paddy did what he was told in 2008, and is still paying for it

1 Like

Agreed. Anyway, we can actually afford it. @Julio_Geordio is correct though, it is inevitable and rushing it now would be a huge mistake.

Usually ignore McWilliams but this is a decent article: https://on.ft.com/2Py7pVb

Like you put a price on being willing to stay in Galway?

Wtf are you on about?

You left for the queens shilling mate

Shouldn’t bother replying, but you have no fucking idea why I left, or what way my life is, so go fuck yourself. Off and count a few beans and see can you afford a bit of patriotism.

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Watching Channel 4 news here. The Europeans telling Mrs May to go shit in her hat in the nicest possible way.

You are a fucking lunatic chef. Only 2 people expressed any sort of opinion on what the north would do between your question and the above post. I was one (I said no btw). And the other was Smithers. He said SF’s strategy for a United Oireland seemed to be working. Which is absolutely nowhere on your question but can vaguely be ascribed as an opinion on the north. So the consensus seems mostly to be you putting your half baked opinions on the board.
Bring back @Sidney to occupy this nutjob.

1 Like

Is counting not your strong suit (hopefully counting beans isn’t your profession)…

All inputs bar @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy have been a resounding no to a UI, for a variety of reasons, from uninformed financial and economic concerns to outright ignorance. Neither state has the critical mass to progress far beyond where they find themselves, together with visionary leadership like we have seen from the IDA over the decades, there is a great opportunity for a unified country to be much better than the sum of it’s parts. The only thing that can hold it back is southern Irish begrudgery.

It’s so typical of the historic imbeciles in the ROI to protect the status quo, up your game simpletons.

2 Likes