BREXIT thread

I think the solution here is for England to secede from the UK.

And then for London, Liverpool and Manchester to secede from England.

3 Likes

Now there’s a vote I’d love to see.

The Ussher Free Zone has a lovely ring to it.

This is one almighty balls up by the Brits. Hopefully Leo gets to say"Out, out, out" this week.

1 Like

Anyoke care to give me the gist of what happened
Haven’t heard a news bulletin all day

Leo came to work dressed like a male Brazilian prostitute and it all kicked off from there basically

4 Likes

I was just thinking about that speech earlier today. It would be a wonderful moment if he could channel it in some form.

1 Like

3 Likes

The difference in in tone between the Irish and the Brits over what happened today is very, very noticeable.

Tommie Gorman made the point on the 9:00 news there that the DUP are a party who have dragged their heels for almost a year over an Irish Language Act and Tony Connelly similarly thought that it was hard to see how a deal would be done.

Leo Varadkar was very stern and downbeat in his press conference.

On Channel 4, FG’s Brexit spokesman Neale Richmond (who will be a TD for them in the near future, one imagines) was similarly downbeat.

On the same programme there was a tone of almost delusional optimism from C4 News correspondent Gary Gibbon and Tory Nadhim Zahawi and there was a lot of references to trade talks as if it was already a fait accompli that they would happen.

I think a lot of Brits still don’t at all realise what they’re dealing with as regards the DUP.

2 Likes

They should do. Any hint of Irish independence and these guys will dig their heels in come what May (!)

1 Like
1 Like

Bernard Jenkin, Tory MP, on Sky News at the moment.

A right proper cunt.

2 Likes

Andrew on LBC says “Leo Varadkar is Gerry Adams with a softer tone”.

“He’s looking to become the Gavrilo Princip of 21st century Ireland and I think it’s going to blow up in his face.”

Norn Ireland needs a strong Taoiseach

1 Like

Bernard of course was fiddling the expenses system. He was paying rent of 60k to a relative.

Nice bloke.

1 Like

The start of newsnight :grinning:

What did it say mate?