BREXIT thread

The dup have caved in,surprising.

Fine Gael may have caved in …Not Surprising

Dup caved

No one caved, as someone said here during the week, the DUP were always going to be allowed a couple of days of “No, No, No” some wishy washy wording will be inserted amongst all the other wishy washy wording and everyone will claim victory.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0pCxG5Iok

So Northern Ireland stay in the EU

Interesting polling from NI. Brexit is driving people towards a united Ireland

1 Like

Been out for the night and we spent a long while talking to a member of the oireachtas.

Deal is done

1 Like

I predicted before the Brexit vote that the outcome would be “leave” and this would hasten a United Ireland. I was laughed at here, mocked. This is tentative data but the difference in population is not that much nowadays surely? The castle Catholics would have to kick in and vote, but all it takes is a few Loyalist votes.

Is Wille much craic when he’s out?

Deal done I’m hearing - United Ireland and DUP being tarred and feathered live on sky news

At the big boring accountants dinner ?

May’s statement

“First, we will always uphold and support Northern Ireland’s status as an integral part of the United Kingdom, consistent with the principle of consent,” it says.

“Second, we will fully protect and maintain Northern Ireland’s position within the single market of the United Kingdom. This is by far the most important market for Northern Ireland’s goods and services and you will continue to have full and unfettered access to it.

“Third, there will be no new borders within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In addition to no hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, we will maintain the Common Travel Area throughout these islands.

“Fourth, the whole of the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, will leave the EU customs union and the EU single market. Nothing in the agreement I have reached alters that fundamental fact.

“Fifth, we will uphold the commitments and safeguards set out in the Belfast Agreement regarding North-South Co-operation. This will continue to require cross-community support.

“Sixth, the whole of the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, will no longer be subject to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice.”

Layman terms?

Ireland 1-0 United Kingdom

11 Likes

Smuggling will become the no1 industry in border counties again.

4 Likes

So basically, no difference from the original deal earlier in the week. What’s changed with DUP to allow this?
Varadkar was absolutely pissing himself laughing in that press conference.
The Brits have no idea what they’re doing.
It’s fascinating to watch.

a great Victory for Brexit

Unfettered access to the UK market for a part of the UK. A huge victory indeed.

5 Likes

The Brits are a laughing stock throughout Europe now. The EU are going to hammer these clowns in phase 2.

2 Likes