BREXIT thread

Varadakar has caved in spectacularly here

Go on…

1 Like

what has changed? nothing, all you anti English, eu lick arse pretend nationalist types are falling over yourself to claim some sort of victory, its fascinating to watch

Varadkar

Northeren ireland and Great britain will not drift apart

To the Unionists, The Eire Governement has no hidden agenda. We are not using Brexit as a means to move towards a United Oireland.

1 Like

On a scale of 1-10, how rattled are you at the moment mate?

2 Likes

1 Like

Leo’s mugs :smile:

I actually think that this is about as good of a deal as could be done.

It represents the situation of Northern Ireland as per the Good Friday agreement.

Anyone in the North has an entitlement to call themselves ‘Irish’ and align themselves to Dublin. This is borne out by the likes of James McClean being allowed to play for the 26 counties. Therefore this deal recognises that it is against the Good Friday Agreement to impose as a hard border between the 26 and 6 counties as essentially there will always be that right of the Irish Government to be involved in the North. It is not completely under the absolute control of the British.

What has changed from the DUP perspective is that there is a clear statement from May this time that there is no border between the 6 counties and Britain. So there is no border in the Irish sea. Again this is in line with the Good Friday Agreement - the right of people in the 6 counties to call themselves British.

It is not technically true to say there is no border in the Irish Sea. There is, but it runs from Wexford to Louth now.

Everyone seems to be signed up and agreed and I am delighted to be honest. Finally something positive in relation to the North.

3 Likes

Can you imagine the sycophants working for him that are getting him these mugs.

7 Likes

Not willie.

This has just kicked the can along again. How the fuck are the eu going to prevent open cross border trade, and the like?
It’s very odd.
If anything, in truth, it shows that the eu are actually keen for a deal.

They can’t prevent cross border trade between the EU and UK due to the special situation of the North having feet in both camps.

It is just not possible and everyone seems to have accepted that now.

The north will make out like bandits, if you’ll excuse the term. Surely the banks will look at Belfast.
I’d pile into property there. It’s the new bitcoin.

Absolute worst of the worst I’d say. The sort who ran to tell the teacher if people were copying homework.

Probably not the greatest model to emulate.

The alternative is that Leo is buying these mugs for himself which is even more disturbing

1 Like

Think it’s a given he would buy them himself.

You’d want your head examined to invest in the future of Norn Iron.

Ooooft.