BREXIT thread

I thought it was Elmer Fudd he tries to imitate?

3 Likes

I was waiting for some wag.

Apparently the unionists are bleating about how they can save the union! I don’t care what happens as long as the DUP et al get royally fisted.

2 Likes

He’s not wrong…

““To present the nation with a choice between two deeply unattractive outcomes, vassalage and chaos, is a failure of British statecraft on a scale unseen since the Suez crisis.”

Those were the only two options they ever had, how do they not see this.

1 Like

Delusional Imperial hubris

3 Likes

Seems positively straightforward…

A continent holds its breath…

3 Likes

We have enough to criticise them about but I feel credit is due to the Government and Coveney in particular in standing firm on the border/backstop. He has been very impressive.

6 Likes

Sounds like they left the Micks out in the hall while the big boys talked cc @Tassotti. Someone said it to Varadkar in the dail and it was the first he heard of it

2 Likes

Deal has been done. To take back to cabinet and then parliament.

We can all relax now.

Ah stop, it wasn’t hard. Him and varadkar got to have a few nice pops off the Brits and the DUP which played well to the public here but didn’t help with Brexit or with relations in the north.

1 Like

Think she’ll get it past either? Alastair Campbell this morning reckoned she wouldn’t, then her only option would be to go to the people with it.

The Irish Government playing pissed off is about the only chance they have of getting this past the DUP.

They have no choice. It’s this or no deal. Do the deal and then try and unravel it as time goes by. It’s a 600 page plus agreement.

Campbell reckons parliament will torpedo this deal and they’ll be left with the choice of going to the public with a referendum on hard Brexit or remain.

Can you apply your skills and give a quick executive summary ?

I’ll handle this.

Leave means Leave.

8 Likes