British Politics

True. And the second message is that he’s teeing himself up for a leadership bid when May is ousted.

1 Like

The bastards would probably have given her a free house cc @Julio_Geordio

Call him Fanta pants. He hates that.

3 Likes

When politicians deliberately make decisions based on throwing racist bones to a mob, knowing full well they’ll be overturned by the courts, there’s a problem.

If you want your politicians to do that, you’ll likely see it as not a problem.

The Windrush scandal happened because a Home Secretary, who is now Prime Minister, publicly encouraged a “hostile environment” where ordinary citizens of colour had their legal rights denied to them.

That wasn’t alright, and neither is this.

You keep playing the race card here but there is a clear public order and national security card here as well.

What was Sidney’s take on all the other citizens (of many races and genders) who had their citizenship revoked before this?

What’s got him interested in it now?

Is it the profile?
Is it that the Home Secretary is of Pakistani descent and is up for PM?

A lovely tfk interjection here.

1 Like

3 MPs leave Conservative party, join Independent group
http://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2019/0220/1031692-politics-uk/

Last night you complained about whataboutery.

And here, you go full steam ahead with exactly that.

Your projection always gives you away.

1 Like

It had to be said.

How is that whataboutery? I asked did you have an issue on previous uses of this power. You say it is because of race and gender, when it has been used across the board before. So what is special about this? That she was a child when she left is certainly one.

The hand of Israel and the Zionists strikes again.

:joy::joy::joy:

Again- how is it? It is the exact same issue.

Keep digging, you’ll get there eventually, or maybe not.

The problem for this group is, where do they fit in in terms of electoral appeal?

Because it looks like the only thing they’ll have to appeal to is a personal vote, and the UK traditionally does not elect independents.

The Liberal Democrats already occupy the space they seem to be eyeing.

They’re merely positioning themselves as a clone of an already unsuccessful party.

In that case, why don’t they just join the Lib Dems?

I presume it’s because they’re hoping to go back to their orginial parties under different leadership within a reasonably short space of time.

Again, how is it?

Your arguments on this seem to boil down to the rule the law and principles, which is fine and understandable. But you got carried away/parroted something else you read and started going on about mysogny and racism- when both genders and other races have been subject to the same thing. That is central to your argument. Whataboutery is pointing at other little squirrels or bad things other people have done to deflect from a point. There is no deflection here. I am actually close enough to your position on this, but as @Fagan_ODowd said the national security arguments are also central to this and the racism tag on is just you wishing for something else to have a go at the Tories over.

A reading of history and attitudes of British politics will tell you why they won’t join the Lib Dems, as baffling as it appears from the outside.

Go and look up what whataboutery is. You complain about it, yet you engage in copious amounts of it, with seeming blissful ignorance.

As I said, the most likely explanation appears to be that they are for the moment keeping open the possibility of returning to their former parties under different leadership.

That would appear to me to be more likely in the case of the former Labourites as the crackpots look to have taken hold of the Tories for good.

But that would have to happen reasonably quickly if it’s to happen at all.

The Lib Dems at least have some sort of party infrastructure. These “independents” have none.