Broken Toes

I suspect I may have broken my toe yesterday.

Symptoms are: it’s very sore and the entire front of the toe (other than the toenail) is purple. The back and sides of the toe are also bruised.

So do I need to find out whether it’s broken or not or can I just leave it? And if I need to find out, do you go to a doctor or a clinic or a hospital?

That needs to come off. A jigsaw would do the job nicely

Try your local newsagent first anyway. If he doesn’t know then the dry cleaner’s probably your next best bet.

Thanks lads. It’s the big toe by the way if that makes any difference to whether a medical visit is required.

The big toe is the most important, without it you will be subject to tilting and possible falling over in strong winds, simular condition to Farmer. I’d say a trip to the GP should be in order.

You should be wary of the roadsweeper Ben.

You could get sucked up there as easy as anything - the bloke pushing it around wouldn’t even see ya.

Is this going to be a story that we will hear till kingdon come now about how the inspirational Rock played a game with a broken toe?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You should be wary of the roadsweeper Ben.

You could get sucked up there as easy as anything - the bloke pushing it around wouldn’t even see ya.

Is this going to be a story that we will hear till kingdon come now about how the inspirational Rock played a game with a broken toe?[/quote]

At least I come out the other side nice and clean.

you would be as well off goin to A&E as that is where the gp is goin to sent you anyway if its a suspected break and probably charge 50 or 60 quid in the process…be prepared for a long wait best get yourself a decent magazine

Anything wrong with me and my GP would write me a letter of referral to the X-Ray dept (or other dept. if necessary); this way I can bypass the A&E process, all docs are different though.

Jugs is a great magazine if you decide to go down the A&E road.

Seriously, was just thinking that the best thing to do would probably be to write a brief letter into the medical section of one of the Sunday tabloids and await the response in a few weeks of the celebrity doctor. It’d save you a potential doctor / hospital bill if it’s only bruising and if it is broken then I’m sure you can manage in the interim.

I had an ingrowing toenail a while back and the lazy fook down the local doctor’s did nothing for it, so I hacked away with a nail scissors and although it was bloody, the end result was that I managed to remove the little spiky bit of the nail that was growing into the toe.

Been to casualty - fucking hell that was an experience. Guards were called at some weird bird who was shouting at everyone. Then some other oul lass lost the plot altogether cause she’d been there for 8 hours without getting seen. Horrible place.

Anyway… ye’re all dying to hear whether I broke my toe or not. And the answer is they don’t know. 12 hour queue for X-Rays. So queuing at home and going back early tomorrow.

[quote=“therock67”]Been to casualty - fucking hell that was an experience. Guards were called at some weird bird who was shouting at everyone. Then some other oul lass lost the plot altogether cause she’d been there for 8 hours without getting seen. Horrible place.

Anyway… ye’re all dying to hear whether I broke my toe or not. And the answer is they don’t know. 12 hour queue for X-Rays. So queuing at home and going back early tomorrow.[/quote]

James’s?

Nope. Beaumont

I had the pleasure of having to go through James’s A&E three times last year and there’s no fucking way I’d go through A&E again unless it was serious. Best dealing with your local GP first.

my girlfriend works there, ask for a fairly fat nurse who likes riding ugly blokes and you might get seen to a little quicker

Agreed on the GP scenario. Get your note, 10-30 minute wait at the very most and you’re in and out in no time. I had to get my arse x-rayed a few years back after an unfortunate incident on someones roof that led to me falling(this was at approx 9 am and I had a bottle of Powers whiskey in my hand when I fell)

Head straight to the canteen and she’ll be the fat bird eating a packet of skittles.

LOL that was quality, I was just surprised you fell off the roof rather than through it.

What are you implying ;)?