Bruce Springsteen thread

Indeed, this love in between yourself and Puke has been cringeworthy, is there anything you disagree on?

Springsteen - sing along soft rock? The views of people who have heard Dancing in The Dark once in 1986. Just look at the stuff CB has posted above, genius.

Bruce has a new album due out in March. Below for anyone who want to download it before buying:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9e0yznx56w69naf

:clap:

:clap: cheers Rocko

Nice one Rocko.

On 2 or 3 listens it hasn’t struck me as anything special despite the reports I’d heard. 2 or 3 decent songs on it but not standing out as much as Magic did on initial listening.

On a first listen it seems to me like a crossover between his work on The Seeger Sessions and Working on a Dream.

Like it.

Yea, thats a good way to describe it, but I wasn’t much a fan of Dream and for me the Seeger Sessions only comes alive on the live album. Still a decent listen, but just didnt see the hype of some of the things said. Lead track is very good though.

Haven’t seen much hype about it myself. No more than what you’d expect from a new album release.

Working on a Dream was definitely a slow burner with some great tracks like Outlaw Pete, The Wrestler and My Lucky Day but equally the very ‘iffy’ tracks like ‘Queen of the Supermarket’.

I didn’t see much hype about this either. Well no more than you’d expect from a release from one of the major performers over the last three decades.

Read a piece online declaring it his angriest yet and as being very rock n roll, didnt strike me as either on initial listens, especially with the seeger influence. Still, I didnt wholely like Dream as a record so maybe its just me.

Working on a Dream was definitely a slow burner with some great tracks like Outlaw Pete, The Wrestler and My Lucky Day but equally the very ‘iffy’ tracks like ‘Queen of the Supermarket’.

I didn’t see much hype about this either. Well no more than you’d expect from a release from one of the major performers over the last three decades.

Like Dream, I think this has a few great tracks in it, but a lot of “iffy” tracks from, of course, my initial listens. Magic bombs along brilliantly in comparison imo. Like any Springsteen album though its unfair to say much about it until you hear it live.

Still better than most you’ll get out there at this stage of their careers.

Wouldn’t call it angry or very rock n roll at all, do you have that piece MBB?

How a critic could call it angry compared to his work on Nebraska and Born in the USA is beyond me.

Think it was in the Hollywood Reporter or something like that, I honestly couldnt find it now though croppy boy as most those are blocked off here. They did mention since Nebraska and Born in the USA though, so hence my intrigue.

So “one piece” you read is now a load of hype? Christ above :rolleyes:

Found the quote croppy boy I referred to, it was linked from the huffington post or somewhere like that. Just intrigued me thats all.

“He gets into economic justice quite a bit,” said a source with knowledge of the upcoming album. “It’s very rock’n’ roll. He feels it’s the angriest album he’s ever made. Bear in mind, though, that [Springsteen] wrote and recorded the majority of the album before the Occupy movements started, so he’s not just setting headlines to music.”

Ok so it’s probably someone involved with the record company then.

To be honest I think that for a Bruce album to really make sense you have to see him perform the tracks live. For instance I liked Outlaw Pete before I heard it at the RDS in 2009 and now it’s one of my favourites.

For reference listen to the studio version of the Wrecking Ball and then the YouTube clip below from the last game at Giants Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpG_ULYpr8

I agree completely with this statement, said as much a post or two back. I felt the same about the Seeger Sessions, didnt know what to make of them until that night in the Point and now its got some of my favourite stuff on it, Springsteen has to be experience live to be appreciated. Although he’s not getting any younger as you could hear in the Hyde Park recording.

Music crickets are glorified prostitutes, that’s how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-8F4EM_edk

[size=4]He is some man in fairness. 11 days to the RDS…[/size]
[size=4]Bruce Springsteen raises the bar with an incredible second show in Paris[/size]

[size=4]Published: Friday, July 06, 2012, 12:01 AM [/size]

“This was insane!” a friend texted me after Bruce Springsteen’s 31-song, three-hour-and-37-minute show in Paris on Thursday. “In my opinion, tonight’s show was epic, stunning, mega-stunning, one for the ages right up there with with whatever you feel is a modern day legendary show,” another friend wrote.
“A short poll of those in Paris (who by the way see way more shows than I ever could) all agree, PARIS #2 was hands down the best show so far in Europe, and of the whole tour.”
Yes, the second of two shows at the Palais Omnisports Bercy arena in Paris is going to go down in the legendary category.
So what made this show so special?
. Take a look at the set list. Six songs played before the first song from the “Wrecking Ball” album. Look how much Bruce changed from the printed set list distributed before the show.
There were 15 songs played that weren’t played on Wednesday (that’s a lot even for Bruce, who is known to always change up his set list on back to back nights).
How 'bout “Incident on 57th Street” and “Racing in the Street” being played at the same show. One internet post said that has happened only four other times (in 1978!) at an E Street Band show.
One tour premiere, “For You” was played solo on the piano by Bruce. Looks like he make go back to doing a solo piano spot. This was the second straight show he did it (he played “Independence Day” Wednesday). The solo piano song was a regular feature on The Rising Tour in 2002-03.

Bruce danced with his daughter Jessica during “Dancing In the Dark.” His mother and mother-in-law were also at the show as well as his sister Pam.
Bruce crowd surfed during the Apollo Medley, the first time he had done that in Europe.

Photo by Hal SchwartzBruce Springsteen watches the video screen tribute to Clarence Clemons during “Tenth Avenue Freeze-out” on Thursday in Paris.