Bruce Springsteen thread

This old cunt would want to finish up soon. I want to go to bed in a while and there’s no way I’ll be able to sleep with all this fucking racket.

Went for a walk down the Dodder with a pal earlier. You can hear it plain as day across the way, either inside Herbert Park or down on the canal bank. You’d want your head examined to be paying €75 for it or whatever it was. Pure shite anyway, half of it sounded like MOR 80s landfill and the rest like some crowd of old hacks playing in the corner of a losers bar in deepest Missouri.

:clap: Springsteen is vastly overrated. A poor mans Garth Brooks

Thinking of going to see him on Sunday. Just need to confirm a rough set list.

Wonder how many nights he’d sell out Croke Park if he came out of retirement, I reckon three minimum.

With ease you would feel.

Just out. Great gig, almost 3.5 hrs long… Highly recommended.

The Spar in Ballsbridge had their booze section blocked off with boxes and a lad in there, like it was a bar, selling booze at inflated prices to the customers. This didn’t exactly seem too legal to me. :strokechin:

Best Springsteen gig in Dublin since 02, simply outstanding.
middling new album in my opinion but wrecking ball works live

+1

I think the new album is pretty decent and those tracks from it sounded great tonight.

Ye it sounded top class live, I didn’t expect it to be honest.

Very touching salute to Clarence during 10th Avenue.

Fucking outstanding 3.5 hours of entertainment.

Springsteen live, theres just nothing quite like it, an absolute pro. Did feel strange not seeing Big Man up there for the first time but not forgotten.

Hes just different fucking class amd could in fact be getting better.

That was fantastic, I didn’t think that the new album would work as well as it did live - Jack of All Trades was special.

Lovely wind up of the idiots in London that pulled the plug last due to the curfew last weekend as well.

A great moment from the gig last night. She knew the words too but could do with some vocal work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A30J2dq23d0
eature=youtube_gdata_player

I was standing right beside that Dance with my Mom sign. I would have.

What kind of a clown brings a 5 year old to a gig?

She is 6 next week, pal.

There were loads of parents there with kids of all ages.

A unbeatable night of entertainment as always when the Boss has the full E-Street gang with him. Clarence was sadly missed but the brass section with his nephew leading it did his uncle proud it must be said.

As mentioned, the Wrecking Ball stuff came across very well live. Other highlights were seeing songs like ‘Out on the Street’ and ‘My Hometown’. I thought Rosalita was fucking epic in the encore and a nice surprise as he has only played it about 4 times out of 46 gigs on this tour.

63 years old in September and no signs of him retiring just yet :clap:

+1. Would you subject a child of yours to that?

[quote=“Fran, post: 533646”]

+1. Would you subject a child of yours to that?[/quote]
Neither of you hace been to Glastonbury or Electric Picnic so. The answer is crusty simpletons.