Budget 2018

Of course it is.

I saw a corporate finance partner from one of the big firms on the TV during one the PAC sessions and he was very animated in insisting that NAMA did a very good bit of business with that sale.

Thatā€™s a red herring.

Itā€™s been proved that the Project Eagle sale was mired in sleaze and sold for a song. You were told all of this on here before the sale took place, but you are still happy to see the state lose such an eye-watering amount of money.

1 Like

Ireland have a veto on that issue so thatā€™s just the usual scaremongering.

Iā€™m asking the questions here.

1 Like

Itā€™s the Blueshirt way. Doff the cap to their perceived betters while kicking the man in the gutter.

What are you basing this on? Hearsay?

NAMA will return a surplus to the exchequer.

Irate at a few people on the dole getting an extra fiver a week, but grand with the taxpayer getting swindled out of billions on dodgy land deals. Heā€™s a strange guy.

Misleading. They should have made more of a surplus. NAMA said they were answerable to nobody but the C&AG. When the C&AG said NAMA had sold assets for below Market Value and that the State didnā€™t get the best deal possible. NAMA responded saying C&AG didnā€™t know what they were talking about. Howā€™s that for accountability.

Whatā€™s your political party of preference Mike or at least which party have you voted for in the last couple of elections?

Unrale mentality.

NAMA will return a surplus. Lads arguing it should be more are same lads who said it would cost the State money.

Well it did cost us money if they didnā€™t get the best price possible.

NAMA returning a surplus is a bit misleading. The state took the real hit when the bad loans were sold to NAMA at a haircut .

Itā€™s a complete red herring, heā€™s been told that enough times.

Itā€™s as much of a red herring as lads who argue about timing a market and selling a portfolio of assets in a basket case economy.

How much are the assets worth now?

How much did the banks lend out to the original buyers?

Basing what on?

:rollseyes: So youā€™ll cherrypick the odd scrap here and there, not proffer your own opinion and not debate any points youā€™re challenged on I. I know Iā€™ve seen this tactic before :strokes chin: