Budget 2'22

I would think most people would choose an EV if they could afford it. I can’t currently.

1 Like

I wonder when they will start putting tax on the vape liquid.

1 Like

They need the suckers to be hooked first, patience.

1 Like

The help to buy scheme is only making houses more expensive to buy

2 Likes

It’s possible that it makes them more expensive to buy and also more achievable to buy them due to the central bank regs?

It most certainly is (I also wonder what the price of materials is doing to them as well?)
New houses on the market here have jumped about 25-30k in the past year (they were available on the scheme back then)

I think I’m 96 cent a week better off…

1 Like

there should be relief on the more affordable one’s such as Leafs or the new MGs, but it doesnt seem right to have a relief on a €90,000 telsa

2 Likes

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Dwayne Johnson - You’re Welcome (from Moana/Official Video) - YouTube

We have some hope of buying a gaff in 2022 with this scheme. Without it, we couldn’t until at least 2023 I’d say. It puts us in the position that we’d have to buy a new house in an estate, but we are ok with that.

2 Likes

Better than being worse off.

I await Kathryn Thomas’ opinion

3 Likes

Actually, on subsequent calculation I reckon I’m worse off as that lettuce gazers tax has to be factored in.

1 Like

Agreed, but if it’s a 90k Tesla instead of some diesel bilgeing 4x4 it is doing as intended.
I think what will do for ice in cities is public opinion. Widespread drink driving only really stopped when public opinion turned against it.

I’d agree, or perhaps a means tested relief? I don’t think people forking out 90k on cars need financial incentives to do so?

1 Like

Agree with that, its coming though

Have you an EV? they are more enjoyable to drive

people buying SUVs now should be hammered

1 Like

make the equivalent 90k car 10k more expensive is the way to go

Especially urbanites and suburbanites. Why are SUVs used for the school run in urban areas? No need for it

Agreed

1 Like