Bundesliga Thread

The state of the dortmund manager in a fucking t shirt

He was sent out to warm up after a few minutes

Disallowed goal from Hallier :persevere:

The 11th in a row is always the sweetest. One title per player.

2 all

Give them one attack

Time up?

Bayern will presumably spend the summer fling around cherrypicking the best players from the likes of Dortmund and Lokomotiv Leipzig.

Should just scrap the competition. It’s not a competition anymore. Stuttgart, Herta, Schalke relegated as well. That’s 3 relatively big city traditional clubs.

I never heard silence like that

2 Likes

Oh Dortmund

The fabled Wall were pathetic in that match. Where was the urgency from the crowd?

Oooft!

Disaster

That constant chanting does nothing for a team, might as well be piped in music.

Nobody cares anymore. 15-20 years ago German soccer was supposedly the model for everyone to follow. You had small market teams like Werder Bremen and Kaiserslautern winning it. Stuttgart as well.

A salutary lesson as to what can happen to a competition and a sport as you slowly go about killing off competitiveness.

3 Likes

I think a British Isles crowd would have been much more urgent in cheering on their team. The lack of energy around the whole occasion was startling. It was like everybody in the stadium apart from the Mainz team were nursing a bad hangover or something.

If you need to win one home game against a lower mid-table team to take the league off Bayern for the first time in 11 years, there’s no excuse for not caring.

I think this outcome will resonate far beyond German football. There was a lot of attention on Dortmund today, Europe-wide, even worldwide. There’s something uniquely depressing about the outcome and what it says about modern football and modern sport. It could be at least another 11 years before a team gets this sort of chance again and who knows how another 11 years of that sort of predictability will bury the Bundesliga and bury other leagues where this sort of processioneering happens.

The Premier League is scarily close to the sort of scenario that pertains in Germany, with only the Saudis shaping as realistic challengers to Abu Dhabi for the foreseeable future.

Bayern themselves are unlikely to challenge again at European level for quite a while.

Incredibly, the pendulum seems to be swinging back to Serie A in terms of producing a competitive, high quality league that can hold interest and suspense.

A monumental fuck up. Good god.

Bayern Munich have reacted to their title win by firing Hasan Salihamidzic and Oliver Kahn, according to the online live stream that I’ve forgotten to turn off.

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Premier League there’s serious money being thrown around even at the lower levels.
In Germany it’s basically built so that Bayern cannot be beaten. The fan owned club thing is a noble idea but in reality it fucks them.
There’s no way City could go in and buy the best players off their title rivals like Bayern do every year.
The bundesliga clubs should stop selling to them really. Have a bit of pride like