Bush Fires in Australia

Stay safe buddy. Can’t imagine living with that fear. Is your wife/partner Australian?

sign in boys
presuming this whole thing has been a massive anti climax like Storm Lorenzo?
i was expecting widespread carnage by now

guys- im assuming the SMH website is the paper of record here?

Things are only heating up

Just like any other day in the city. Show’s over. 16 degree drop in temperature tomorrow.

Living on stolen land all his life.

2 Likes

@myboyblue

Looks like @ChairmanDan has 2 phones for his various logins.

There is widespread carnage. There’s three people dead, thousands of acres burnt and 200 houses destroyed. What do you want?

would that be well within the normal distribution tho for a standard fire?

1 Like

I pay my respects to the Darkinjung people, the custodians of the land on which I live. I pay respect to elders past, present and emerging.

1 Like

These are not standard fires.

She is and her hometown of Taree is under siege from fires at present. We know some people who have lost everything.

That’s a huge worry to have to be putting up with every summer.

That’s rough. Is that an area that was always under threat or only in recent years?

Carlow folk are odd.

So @ChairmanDan is quite similar to Graham Dwyer?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/wexford-man-loses-home-in-australian-wildfires-1.4082117%3Fmode=amp

Cc @Fitzy

has this thing all just petered out ?

@mickee321 won’t be happy until the death toll is at least in 3 figures.

2 Likes

well either the response from the authorities was phenomenal and folks heeded to the warnings or else this event was totally blown out of proportion
What is the baseline figure collateral damage for a catastrophic event of fire in australia? surely more than 3 people and a few houses?