Bush Fires in Australia

What weather?

I would, but Mrs is Australian, have too much roots put down here now to move.

In @Julio_Geordio pictures

Looks like fires to me.

Shit just got real. :rage:

Poor signal

Is there enough muck and shit in Oz for a tough mudder ?

Where do ye get water from?

The billabong

2 Likes

A tap or a bottle ?

Come home out of that hellhole while you still have a chance. The missus can run an artisan Australian coffee shop at the foot of Mt Leinster and the lads will show the Bunclody lads how footie can be played.

Water’s a huge problem. There are towns like Warren in central NSW that have actually run out of water and it’s being trucked in. Dams all over the country are running dry and the corrupt and incompetent management of the Murray - Darling river system is another huge factor.
We’re ok where I am, water restrictions in place but nothing too untoward. I can use the hose on Thursday and Sunday mornings and evenings. But with a large garden and vegetable garden, I’m spending about an hour every evening watering from my rainwater tanks. The 1000 litre tank has run dry and the 3500 litre isn’t far off. Buckets around the shower give me about 60 litres of grey water a day for the front lawn (big lawn) along with a hose from the washing machine.
An aside - how come I can have a shower lasting less than two minutes and capture 20 litres of water and a 16 year old has a 10 minute shower with me banging on the door, doesn’t capture a fucking drop but leaves the bathroom looking like a small lake?
We’ll have more severe restrictions soon. We can only follow the example of our godbotherer PM and pray for rain.

2 Likes

Best of luck mate. We’re burning up here as well but there’s a slight chance of rain.

1 Like

Looking north towards Central Coast/@Fitzy

6 Likes

Its v hard to finish the job with your father banging at the door. Offputting

7 Likes

From Murray’s green basin to the dusty outback…

Some view.

Nice view mate, pity it’s radioactive.

1 Like

What’s radioactive?

A very ominous band of smoke there, I found eerie.