Buying a daycent Suit

Go on.

My wedding suit it was Bandage.

Went in and got fitted and that was all fine. Then they were supposed to have it in 2 weeks and that became 3 and then 4 and eventually they said it was ready for collection (as well as one for each of my two darling brothers).

Collected the suit and it was just the standard sizing off the rack - that was ok but it wasn’t why I was waiting over a month and they were supposed to be custom fitting it. Complained to them and they just said they don’t do that material any more so they weren’t doing any sizes other than what they had. The suit for my brother was too small too.

Sent my sister in to complain then and can’t remember everything but they just kept on insisting that they’d never take an order for three suits in that material because they don’t do them any more - this was despite the production of a receipt detailing exactly that. But we got them at Arnotts and the main Magee store just blamed Arnotts while the Magee at Arnotts just claimed to know nothing about anything.

Eventually got Arnotts to put a bit of pressure on and ended up getting the suits collected the day before the wedding, which was 2 months after they were ordered.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 769414, member: 1”]My wedding suit it was Bandage.

Sent my sister in to complain then and can’t remember everything but they just kept on insisting that they’d never take an order for three suits in that material because they don’t do them any more -
[/quote]

Was your Ma sick that day or something?

Younger or older sister, Rocko? I’d say it was the older one.

Older.

Yes, she had a head cold.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 769350, member: 9”]What about the one on Wicklow Street?

Do you really think I could simply purchase a suit tomorrow and expect it to fit perfectly and not have to be altered?

Come on, pal.[/quote]

You’ll be relieved to know that I’m back online. The one on Pembroke would be very convenient for you I would say, and a top class team they have there too.

Get yourself a Baumler or a Hugo Boss, Bandage. Though the slim fit look might not ‘suit’ you.

the german cut is more suited to te irish body type. you could also look at carl gross. i’d stay away from the italian suits

I bought a Baulmer suit once and was very happy with it but I found that it wasn’t very durable. Despite this I tried to purchase a second Baulmer suit but my local draper informed me that they’d changed manufacturer and the new one simply wasn’t as good.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 769414, member: 1”]My wedding suit it was Bandage.

Went in and got fitted and that was all fine. Then they were supposed to have it in 2 weeks and that became 3 and then 4 and eventually they said it was ready for collection (as well as one for each of my two darling brothers).

Collected the suit and it was just the standard sizing off the rack - that was ok but it wasn’t why I was waiting over a month and they were supposed to be custom fitting it. Complained to them and they just said they don’t do that material any more so they weren’t doing any sizes other than what they had. The suit for my brother was too small too.

Sent my sister in to complain then and can’t remember everything but they just kept on insisting that they’d never take an order for three suits in that material because they don’t do them any more - this was despite the production of a receipt detailing exactly that. But we got them at Arnotts and the main Magee store just blamed Arnotts while the Magee at Arnotts just claimed to know nothing about anything.

Eventually got Arnotts to put a bit of pressure on and ended up getting the suits collected the day before the wedding, which was 2 months after they were ordered.[/quote]
That must have been very stressful Rocko

Mrs Rocko must have been seething.

Best suits are pants-no durability in the ball bag area. Get yourself a nice Hugo Boss suit @Bandage-go to Kildare Outlet Village and you’ll save a few quid. Special occasions are just that-special. Why would you turn up in an off the rack Best suit bought for €150 in a stall in Stephen’s Green?

Hugo Boss designed clothing for the Nazis so they are bound to very durable and of very good quality.

specifically the SS uniforms which looked damned good

Proof please!

On a separate note - who designed the Soviet Unions military clothing range? The green/brown colour with the red piping on the trousers was very snazzy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15008682

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15008682

It is a fact.