Buying a daycent Suit

I should say I’ve been engaging with the likes of @briantinnion[/USER], @[USER=11]Appendage[/USER] and @[USER=15]ClarkeyCat[/USER] in relation to the shirt purchase. I met @[USER=6]briantinnion for lunch last week and we measured each other’s sleeve length etc.

I joined @Bandage[/USER] in purchasing a custom made suit from Louis also. After I shed about 15lbs myself, @[USER=9]Bandage[/USER] and @[USER=11]Appendage will be heading in some Saturday to have our balls cupped and inside legs measured. We’ll probably go for cocktails and dinner after it.

At the moment I think I will be purchasing a navy suit, slim fit, one button, slim lapels.

Already have some shirts with bt embroidered on them and they look fucking superb. Only pull them out for big occasions such as internal scheduling meetings though.

Are you using a middle initial?

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 822517, member: 6”]I joined @Bandage[/USER] in purchasing a custom made suit from Louis also. After I shed about 15lbs myself, @[USER=9]Bandage[/USER] and @[USER=11]Appendage will be heading in some Saturday to have our balls cupped and inside legs measured. We’ll probably go for cocktails and dinner after it.

At the moment I think I will be purchasing a navy suit, slim fit, one button, slim lapels.

Already have some shirts with bt embroidered on them and they look fucking superb. Only pull them out for big occasions such as internal scheduling meetings though.[/quote]
Ye sound like a right pair of wally’s if ye don’t mind my saying so.

:eek:

@briantinnion - are you standing for this? I’m happy to let it slide myself.

@briantinnion - are you standing for this? I’m happy to let it slide myself.[/quote]
He might need to sit down before reading it.

@briantinnion - are you standing for this? I’m happy to let it slide myself.[/quote]

Don’t care mate. As long as I’m respected in the boardrooms and golf clubs of this city I’m happy. A throwaway comment like that doesn’t bother me.

Only 109 days to go to the big day :wink:

Can we get a countdown clock?

Sartorial elegance is what it’s all about, @briantinnion.

Give me an R there please Rachel

No.

hmmmmmmmm…

“i pity da fool who monogrammes his shirt”

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 822527, member: 6”]Don’t care mate. As long as I’m respected in the boardrooms and golf clubs of this city I’m happy. A throwaway comment like that doesn’t bother me.

Only 109 days to go to the big day :wink:

Can we get a countdown clock?[/quote]
Do they really respect you or are they thinking that you are probably a bit of a wally and could stand to lose 15 lbs?

https://www.tailorsmark.co.uk/

I just ordered a tailor made shirt off this website, missus bought me a voucher she got on one of those groupon type websites. I’ll let ye know how it goes

who still uses the word wally?

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 822566, member: 332”]https://www.tailorsmark.co.uk/

I just ordered a tailor made shirt off this website, missus bought me a voucher she got on one of those groupon type websites. I’ll let ye know how it goes[/quote]

@Julio Geordio please post a picture of you wearing the shirt and then one without the shirt so we can judge the fit properly.

I’m anxious about this myself BT as I had to do the measurements myself. It could be all over the shop

Any suitably silly word would do.

Not being smart Julio but would you not have been better off getting a tailor to do them and then forwarding them to the website?

I, of course understand, if you didnt have the chance.

I wouldn’t worry too much. You can only go so wrong with a shirt.

I find my problem with shirts is when I get my next size right (16") the shirts always end up like fucking nightdresses. I now go with extra slim but they still aren’t as tight as I’d like.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 822720, member: 348”]Not being smart Julio but would you not have been better off getting a tailor to do them and then forwarding them to the website?

I, of course understand, if you didnt have the chance.[/quote]

I know my neck and length measurements. It’s only the sleeves and shoulders I’m worried about. That and I’m stuck with it once I’ve bought it as I’ve no one to blame but myself.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 822723, member: 6”]I wouldn’t worry too much. You can only go so wrong with a shirt.

I find my problem with shirts is when I get my next size right (16") the shirts always end up like fucking nightdresses. I now go with extra slim but they still aren’t as tight as I’d like.[/quote]

I’ve a similar problem with the neck versus length issue, which I’m hoping this will resolve. I only have to wear a tie when meeting clients so I have shirts that are generally too tight on the neck but fit right and shirts that are comfortable on the neck but fit terribly. If this one is alright I may go on a buying spree and retire some of my current rota.