Buying a daycent Suit

@artfoley really has you chasing your tail.

In Cork you can’t go far wrong with Murphys on North Main Street or Cronins on Oliver Plunkett Street.In Limerick Tony Connollys is the place now that McGoverns have closed.The Discount Shop on Bedford Row which is part of the Tony Connolly chain of stores is great for the bargains!

True enough, but if I can help spoil his 10th day on the sauce then its always worthwhile.

Just picked up a very nice suit in Baumler’s. Reasonably priced for what is a stunning cut, or at least it is on me.

So @artfoley has finally helped out a forum member. What a great day this is for the forum :clap:

Anyone know the going rate for a tux rental these days?

Given that you hang with the horsey set you’d be better off buying one

http://m.marksandspencer.ie/mt/www.marksandspencer.ie/Black-Slim-Fit-Dinner-Suit/DSa0e8a0a71d2065308c0db1db8a96e28e,en_IE,pd.html?start=

Its the first time I will need to wear a tux in about 5 years if not more. I don’t forsee any other occasions in the near future so wouldn’t be bothered buying one.

1 Like

Thinly veiled “I’m a fat bastard now and can’t fit into my old one”

4 Likes

Or in macs case “fatly veiled”

1 Like

some pretentious fuck will probably have a black tie wedding.

Buying a black suit, im not a fan of them, would probably be a better option, simply get a butterfly collar shirt and youre away on a hack.

1 Like

What price would you pay to get into a suit that a drunken Deb had spunked on the night before ?

5 Likes

About 80 quid in most places in Dublin city centre.

1 Like

There’s very few worse feelings than wearing a rented tux. Minging.

Can I borrow yours?

Don’t have one, bro. Hence knowing the manky feeling of wearing a rented tux. I’ll probably buy one the next time I need one though.

Ah count no, just no. Nothing worse than seeing a black suit pawned off as a dinner suit at an event. They are completely different formal wear.

2 Likes

I retired my debs tux a couple of years ago, could have kept her going but wanted an upgrade. Just counting there my debs tux had been through 3 debs, 7 college balls, 2 Trinity Balls, 2 Blackhall Balls and several Christmas parties but was still going strong. I wasn’t rolling around in muck like some roaster with my one.

It’s worth the investment in a decent one if you’re going to be going to 2 or 3 Balls a year.

1 Like

yes i realise this.

I imagine there are a number of things worse however.

@TheUlteriorMotive, @briantinnion, @Sidney: I’m looking to buy a high quality, stylish and versatile suit in Dublin during the January sales. Any recommendations on where might be a good option to purchase one?