Buying a daycent Suit

No idea. I only go to Scanlans tbh. He has so nice stuff and he’ll give you a good price too

Don’t forget the peaky blinders hat for Limerick student race day.

I’ve no ticket for that so I won’t be going. They’re all sold out since December and it’s not on till April…

There’s lads selling them for 60 Euro :expressionless:

I’m not surprised when you see the carry on at it.

What would be the cost of alterations on a suit?

I’d have 3 or 4 rarely worn suits (preserved for weddings at the like) that are still in good condition, probably each only got a handful of wears. I’m in tip top shape since lockdown, I have a high metabolism so I’ve always been a steady 32 inch waist throughout these years but a looser fit was in vogue back then so I’d like to maybe get the suit take in at the leg and arms?

Am I better off just chucking the suits out and buying some new ones or would it be more feasible to get them altered?

Probably only cost 20-30 quid to get a suit altered

Suit and jacket?

Do they bring you in and measure you up?

I’d be worried about a man touching me inappropriately.

I’d expect they’d have to measure you. These are professionals and get no pleasure from brushing off your meat and two veg.

1 Like

No one will ever need to wear a suit again.

I downloaded Football Manager during Lockdown.

3 Likes

You’d still have a baggy suit jacket. If the cut is no longer fashionable for you donate it.

Can they not tailor the jacket too?

A lady might do it

A good tailor would do a savage job on a suit for 30 quid

1 Like

Of course

Would you not fly to your homeland and get a proper job done on them?

1 Like

Unfortunately I have to do my bit and there will be no travel to the homeland for the foreseeable future.

You essentially want someone to take apart a suit and make a new one out of it. I’d say possible but about as much work as getting a tailored suit.

Sure all they have to do is make a few alterations.

1 Like