Calling carryharry

Who knows, mate.

Currency exchange rate maybe an issue, customs will most likely slow the process down too which may be the biggest hurdle.

I’ve been told by a few lads in the know to get any cars or commercials onto Irish plates ASAP so something could be amiss down the road there.

1 Like

By saucy do you mean pricey? And if so how pricey?

Sounds expensive if buying privately for example. If it’s being bought from a Dealer with Warranty then maybe not so bad if it’s an Irish Car with proper history to confirm such low mileage.

1 Like

For the nephew?

No a friend asked me is it a good buy and I said I knew just the man to ask.

1 Like

Little did your pal know there is a forum of misanthropes with a thread specifically given over to these queries.

1 Like

@carryharry hoping for bit of advice. Trialling a 15 mitsubishi outlander for a few days before potentiallypurchasing.

Really like features and size (surprisingly spacious).

. Has only 45k km on it, one previous owner and regularly serviced.

Brakes not the most convincing only negative/slight concern so far after short spin collecting today. Will give it a proper gallop tomorrow.

Know sum total of fuckall about cars so looking for opinion on it, questions to be asked etc if you’ve time to share your thinking

Is it a PHEV?

I know nothing about cars. And I’m sure everyone has their own experiences but I had an Outlander PHEV (second hand) that gave up, they wanted 20k to repair and refused to negotiate on anything when it was a month or so out of warranty. They wouldn’t even guarantee the repair.

Just found Mitsubishi to be assholes (the head office, not the dealers).

Anyway doubt it’s relevant to you but just thought I’d share.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s is the PHEV. What was it that gave out on you that cost much to repair?

I’ll find out the name of the part but basically the computer piece that controls which motor is running. And you can get a second hand one for a few hundred euro but they need to be paired to serial number on engine to work or something and they won’t do it for a second hand part and the new part was £14k GBP plus vat I think. And then labour etc.

Nothing else apparently wrong but it can’t decide which engine to run off and so won’t start. I don’t really believe that there’s not a cheaper way of fixing it but I’ve been arguing for nearly 2 years at this point and just bored of it all.

1 Like

Also I’m sure you know this but the EU are in the process of taking a more aggressive stance towards PHEVs. Might just affect new sales but they may increase taxes etc to discourage them.

1 Like

They’ve pulled a Rocko on you and suspended you for 2 years. Ouch.

1 Like

Thought they’d be encouraging PHEV’s? Working rr a very low knowledge base of anything car here

Nah they’ve concluded they’re not actually that useful for the environment so are switching to penalising them.

1 Like

Ouch. That’s awful. :grimacing::flushed::slightly_frowning_face:

Go Hybrid

What’s the difference? Could actually be driving one for all I know

Standard Hybrid isn’t plug in.

1 Like

BMW plug-in hybrid @carryharry?

Oohhhhh ( change of career as well :grinning: )

Haven’t a notion to be honest pal. All them Hybrids are the same so I reckon you couldn’t go too far wrong.

As regards value, perhaps a highly spec’d Toyota Rav, VW Tiguan etc would be better value.

1 Like