Calling The Dunph

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 546276”]
Again, we are comparing low level food restaurants, everything is processed, Rocketts and Hooters or anything similar. I would try burgers, but never chips, can’t really make a call though as i don’t think i had a burger in Rocketts, ever. They look pretty awful anyway.[/quote]

Kevin, you’re making a fool of yourself. Eddie Rockets is widely considered to be a world class eatery.

btw i’ve been meaning to ask you, the last two weeks i have taken to eating this Flahavans microwave porridge in the morning (it is ready to eat in 2 mins). What is the catch? I mean is it of less nutritional value than the normal Flahavans stuff that takes about 10mins to make and a waste of time?

You’re saying Eddie Rockets is no good?

Dunph Mate, could you please answer this it would help me make up my mind as regards your accommodation offer for clonmel

The answer is no mate, i hope this puts your mind at ease.*

*Mental note: Ring Clonmel tomorrow.

Far from no good. I’m a huge fan of the chili fries and classic burger. But America is big league stuff.

Ah right so you’re saying Eddie Rockets is nothing like your standard American diner in terms of quality?

Must get myself to America. <_<

Happy New Year, Dunph.

And many, many happy returns, Bandage mate.

Just going on what I’ve seen on that show Dunph mate. Seems every town in the good ol’ US has diners which would put our beloved Edwards to shame.

This kind of shit:
http://www.hillbillyhotdogs.com/homewrecker.php

the proper family runs diners in the states are the job, good food at a fair price and huge portions…was in Hooters, Chillies, Appleby & TGI Fridays and the likes over in the states and found them all extremely shite and cheap…Eddie’s is far superior to all these chains that I have mentioned in my opinion…

Although I was pissed off in the extreme last night when I arrived at the door of Eddie’s at 2.20 am to find it closed and the lights off despite the sign outside saying it was open til 3 a.m :angry:

How did the burgers look in those places Puke? The quality of the burger is all in how they look. - you don’t have to taste them.

indeed…You can only really judge these places on their chicken wings though

Wayhey!! Great banter from Puke and Farmer here.

There’s a chain called Johnny Rocket’s which has the same style logo as Eddie’s here. Diners are also decorated the same, not sure what the link is between them but presume there is one. It’s nowhere near as nice as Eddie’s. I’ve not yet found anywhere nicer than Eddie Rockets. There’s a deli near me called Lenny’s (again a chain) and it’s the best I’ve found so far, the buffalo chicken sandwich is immense.

Are we seriously getting into a discussion obout this?

I can confirm that sauce is mayonnaise and mustard. It’s bought in by eddies.

The Link Walsh is a fan of Eddie Rocketts eateries,i frequent the Kilkenny branch and occasionally visit the Waterford depot also.
Smokestack burger is hard to beat.Great milkshake too.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think I have the sauce cracked…It has to be Hellman’s mustard for it to taste the same as Eddie’s Burger sauce…

Hellman’s Mayo and Mustard so? What’s the ratio?