Cars

So back when we were talking about Solar Panels I think we worked out that 1KWH costs about 20c

Majority of the time when I charge I’d be going from about 40% to 100%. My car is 28KWH size so I’m estimating that the amount of KWH used in a charge is around 18. So I’m saying the cost per charge is about €3.60[18*20c]. Charging from 0% would cost about €6.

So the rough €600 for the year that I mentioned would be based on:
Filling the second car 6 times. 70 * 6=€420
Charging the car once a week at home. 52 * 3.6 = €187.2

Our monthly electricity bill hasn’t had any real dent put in at all it by charging at home.

@glasagusban Not sure what you’re suggesting. If you have a specific question I’d be more than happy to give you as good an answer as I can.

At today’s old prices you can’t afford not to buy a horse.

yeah I figure it costs me 1.50 in electricity to travel from Sutton to town and back. That would cost me 4-5 quid a trip in a diesel or a petrol.

1 Like

Does that include weirdo stalker detours to follow people home if you think they cut you off in traffic?

No. I get an extra saving on those.

1 Like

It practically pays you to be an oddball.

1 Like

You’ve no idea.

1 Like

FFS

@Fagan_ODowd’s drives around Dublin are up there with the Coast series that BBC2 did once and are of great significance to this forum.
@Fagan_ODowd is capable of transporting readers to the streets of Dublin thru his prose and his wonderfully crafted anecdotes that give the reader a sense of perspective and represent a knowledgeable man at ease with his surrounds. I am envious of @Fagan_ODowd and if i am capable of half of what he has done i will have vastly overachieved

you on the other hand are a spineless, spoilt brat with the constitution of a dishcloth. On top of that you are an arrogant , disrespectful, self obsessed little prick who has no idea how the world works and are too ignorant to find out

17 Likes

Very active again all of a sudden, Christmas on your own this year is it?

Ooooft

I’ve given that a like.

All the usual suspects will be liking that one.

1 Like

All lined up :smile:

1 Like

that was a tremendous post mate

@carryharry - had a look at a 2015 Fo rd Mondeo Titanium yesterday. 37000kms on it, less than half the new list price, looks great, doesn’t seem to have any issues, one careful owner etc though I’ll have a mechanic give it the once over. What do you reckon?

Is it an ICE car?

No, I don’t think the one careful owner was a dealer.

Anyone ever buy use a PCP arrangement to acquire a new car. A person I know paying €330 a month for a 181 golf. Contract lasts for 3 years after which you can buy the car outright or roll over to a new 3 year deal with a newer model. On the face of it When you crunch the numbers its €40k over 10 years. You would buy 2 fine cars for that amount which you would own outright without having to adhere to seemingly endless terms and conditions. Thoughts?

Depends on the interest rate. Volkswagen were doing 0% finance a couple of years ago so it was literally free money.

1 Like

How much would the said car cost to buy outright.
3 Years motoring costing you the guts of €12k and nothing to show for it. Unless you buy outright but how can they value it then?

1 Like