Cars

That’s a lot of reversing

3 Likes

A real pain in the neck.

3 Likes

Saw three rare cars motoring around Dublin today, thought to myself the 3 times “ you don’t see too many of those anymore “.

1979 Volvo 245 Estate

1992 Nissan Sunny Saloon

1987 Suzuki Swift GL

2 Likes

The Volvo is a beauty.

1 Like

Yeah, ‘‘twas a White one I passed just on the North side of Naas. Was in excellent condition & tipping along at its ease at 80km/ph.
They really were way ahead of their time.

We could do with a ( provided one not already here ) They Don’t Make Them Like They Used To Thread.

Thomas Ingenlath has done a marvelous job for Volvo over last few years. Some of the best looking cars on the road now.

1 Like

Super cars

Have they not being using a Ford engine in most of their models?

Yes

2 Likes

I saw a Fiat Mirafiori today in excellent condition. Brought a smile to my face.

I’ve seen a few instances lately of lads not being able to get a wheel of their newish car. The garage told them go home and hit it with a lump hammer. What’s the solution here?

Fellas stop tightening them so much when they change the tyre. Id to get a sledge to mine at home one day. I was seething

Hand tighten the bolts, no bother getting them off then.

3 Likes

Snapped a wheel brace a few weeks back trying to get one of them off. Fucking thing was welded on.

A breaker bar is your only man here.

Stopped one day to change a wheel for a lady and encountered the above problem.
I used the scissors type jack from my own car to lever off her wheel after I wedged it between the wheel and the chassis.
Took a bit of manovering and I had to be careful of breakable parts attached to the chassis but still got the job done.

I was talking about the wheel, not the nuts.

Here’s a solution, but the ones I’ve seen the jack was too flimsy and belting the wheel would knock the car off the jack, and you underneath it. You’d want a two tonne trolley jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF2mz9dNsiI

Couple a belts of a sledge mate

1 Like

:rollseyes:
We drive on the right over here mate.