Celeb Spotting šŸ

Who: Star of RTEā€™s Primetime, TFKā€™s Auld Ones youā€™d shag thread and many peoples favourite to take over the soon to be vacant slot on the Late Late Show - Miriam O Callaghan

Location: Exiting the Field and Vine store on the upper Rathmines Road

Date & Time: 6.30pm yesterday

Wearing:Casual but stylish housewife shopping attire in general. Most of the focus was on the above the knee skirt and legs.

Comments: Miriam seemed in good spirits attending to her shopping. Itā€™s not the first time she has been spotted in this area of the city and it seems to be one of her favourite shopping hot spots.

Iā€™ve no doubt that she believes I may be stalking her however as I once again spotted her exiting her car at what maybe her house merely 5/10 minutes later.

Miriam, if you are reading, please be safe in the knowledge that both meetings were purely coincidental

[quote=ā€œFranā€]Who: Star of RTEā€™s Primetime, TFKā€™s Auld Ones youā€™d shag thread and many peoples favourite to take over the soon to be vacant slot on the Late Late Show - Miriam O Callaghan

Location: Exiting the Field and Vine store on the upper Rathmines Road

Date & Time: 6.30pm yesterday

Wearing:Casual but stylish housewife shopping attire in general. Most of the focus was on the above the knee skirt and legs.

Comments: Miriam seemed in good spirits attending to her shopping. Itā€™s not the first time she has been spotted in this area of the city and it seems to be one of her favourite shopping hot spots.

Iā€™ve no doubt that she believes I may be stalking her however as I once again spotted her exiting her car at what maybe her house merely 5/10 minutes later.

Miriam, if you are reading, please be safe in the knowledge that both meetings were purely coincidental[/quote]

I know itā€™s a long time ago but I spotted Miriam in the Tesco at the top of Rathmines around 11 years ago wearing leather pants. So I must agree with my KK brother that Ms. Oā€™Callaghan lives close by.

Some things you never forget

who; Jimmys ex in fair city the blonde curly haired mechanic
where; outside brown thomas grafton street
when; today 4ish
wearing; white over coat and a white wooly hat , probably to avoid the prying eyes of the papparazziā€¦
other; i would i definately would

who; john waters failed gaa manager and general sourpuss
where; stephens green crossing the road
when ; 2 weeks ago
wearing; long black undetakers overcoat
other; most miserable looking bastard in the world everā€¦ and he looks like he could do with a good washā€¦

who; scarlett johannson
where; my bed
wearing; nothing
when; last night
other; could possibly have been a dream!!!:wink:

[quote=ā€œkafkaā€]who; Jimmys ex in fair city the blonde curly haired mechanic
[/quote]

Robin. Definitely would 8)

was never a fan but shes a nice bit of stuff in the fleshā€¦

Who: Charlie McGettigan.
Famous for: Winning Eurovision in 1994.
Where: Ramada Hotel, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim. (Bar area)
When: Yesterday at 5.45 p.m.
Sartorial comments: Sporting the standard beard, Beige polo-neck under light brown jumper, jeans and expensive looking boots.
Accompanied by:Various captains of local industry.
Mood:Jovial as you like, while imbibing what appeared to be Lucozade.
Additional info:The group also included RTE sports reporter and music show presenter Pascal Mooney, leading Boxtyeater to conclude the gathering were discussing up-coming cultural events in the area.

Did he give a rendition of Rock n Roll Kids, Boxty?

Very proud of this one I must say!
Who: Boyzone front man Ronan Keating together with his wife Yvonne and 2 kids.
Where: Outside the 5 star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai, UAE.
When; Wednesday last at about 7.30pm local time.
Other details: Ronan was dressed in beige slacks and a grey polo shirt. He exited the hotel and seems in quite a hurry. He quickly hopped into the back of a golf buggy which was ferrying people away from the hotel and advised the driver they were heading for the nearby meridien resort.

Who: Brian Kerr & Curtis Fleming
Famous for: Managing the Faroe Isles and playing for Middlesboro
Where: Bruxelles
When: Holy Thursday
Other notes: One of my mates regaled Brian with stories of his days at Home Farm to which he seemed genuinely intrigued, he also told a witty anecdote about one day as a ball boy in Inchicore in a 2-1 win over Shels, a game Kerr could recall superbly. We went away feeling there was a touch of the Rainman about Kerr such was his forensic powers of recall. We then left to catch the last few hours of Brazilian Night in Major Toms. Curtis did not contribute to the conversation.

Who Reggie Corrigan, Ken Doherty, Tony Cascarino, Michael Greco. (Also spotted were a host of famous professional poker players but they donā€™t count because of the context.)

Famous for Playing rugby for Ireland and Leinster, winning the world snooker championship, not having an Irish granny, having a part in Eastenders.

Where Citywest hotel playing the Irish poker open.

Other info Ken and Tony are still in it as far as I know. Not sure about the other two. Neither of the 4 were any of my tables.

Other other info I won a ticket on Thursday night and busted about an hour ago when my AK ran into Aces. I got desperately unlucky earlier in the day when my AA was beaten by JJ and my QQ was beaten by AJ. (Both all in preflop)

Negative on that one Puke, but he asked me did I have a pen/biro handy.
While I had the required biro, I felt at moments like these, we forumites should be equipped with TFK emblazoned pens for distribution to the common people.
Heā€™s as sound as a pound guy by all accounts. His son Shane, who was a cracking footballer was killed on a building site in Boston in the summer of '97.

[quote=ā€œBoxtyeaterā€]Negative on that one Puke, but he asked me did I have a pen/biro handy.
While I had the required biro, I felt at moments like these, we forumites should be equipped with TFK emblazoned pens for distribution to the common people.
Heā€™s as sound as a pound guy by all accounts. His son Shane, who was a cracking footballer was killed on a building site in Boston in the summer of '97.[/quote]

98 actually boxty, was there myself that year. Played against him out in Dilboy Field about two or three days before he died.
Shockin sad.

[quote=ā€œgolaā€]98 actually boxty, was there myself that year. Played against him out in Dilboy Field about two or three days before he died.
Shockin sad.[/quote]

My mistake Gola lad. When you get old time flies.Feck off grandchild. Now wait - whcbcvgch_ feck off again. 2 y/o assistant.
He was Gola, a grand lad and a quality player. Charlie took it bad but Goretti (Mrs.McG went to pieces and never got it together again) Allen Gaels (their club) developed a fine park dedicated to Shane and on the opening day Goretti fell apart.

OK 1st more f,bkoeugjhgnlwkef53.

[quote=ā€œBoxtyeaterā€]My mistake Gola lad. When you get old time flies.Feck off grandchild. Now wait - whcbcvgch_ feck off again. 2 y/o assistant.
He was Gola, a grand lad and a quality player. Charlie took it bad but Goretti (Mrs.McG went to pieces and never got it together again) Allen Gaels (their club) developed a fine park dedicated to Shane and on the opening day Goretti fell apart.

OK 1st more f,bkoeugjhgnlwkef53.[/quote]

Never knew that about Mrs McGettigan. Really sad.

I remember we played Galway in 1998 with a half back line of Colin Reagn, Seamus Quinn and Shane McGettigan. Donā€™t think we have ever had such a good one.

Who: An Taoiseach, Brian Cowan
When: Today
Where: Fairyhouse
Activity: He was getting ready to present the trophy to the winning owners after the Irish Grand National.
Other notes: Forget Cowan, I had a nice little chat with the sponsorsā€™ Powers girls, dressed in jodphurs they were, quite nice blondes. I informed them that Harry Skelton was an English jockey. I managed to come across as really cool for the duration of the conversation. I subsequently left the parade ring.

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]Who: An Taoiseach, Brian Cowan
Activity: He was getting ready to present the trophy to the winning owners after the Irish Grand National.
Other notes: Forget Cowan, I had a nice little chat with the sponsorsā€™ Powers girls, dressed in jodphurs they were, quite nice blondes. I informed them that Harry Skelton was an English jockey. I managed to come across as really cool for the duration of the conversation. I subsequently left the parade ring.[/quote]

did you glass that fat prick cowan?

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]Who: An Taoiseach, Brian Cowan
Other notes: Forget Cowan, I had a nice little chat with the sponsorsā€™ Powers girls, dressed in jodphurs they were, quite nice blondes. I informed them that Harry Skelton was an English jockey. I managed to come across as really cool for the duration of the conversation. I subsequently left the parade ring.[/quote]

I noticed those chicks on the TV at the time alright, fine looking fillies they were. How much was it in today? Iā€™ve 4 tokens for tomorrow which admit for a fiver each but Iā€™m in work

Who: Sile Seoige- ( the gamey one)
Wearing: Some sort of a black guna- looked fairly well to be honest, sheā€™s a natural beauty in the flesh

Famous for: Being on the Tele

Where: Dining room of a hotel in Donegal- she was in the company of about 8 or 9 others, looked like a group of college buddies catching up. They were a bit pissed and were very loud, Mrs WBY was not impressed.

Other info: we are a nation of rubber neckers, most of the auld wans that were there nearly fell off their chairs looking at her. Must be odd to have that sort of effect on a room

Not sure I didnā€™t pay in. Twas 20 in yesterday so I suppose today was 25. Tomorrow will by 20 Iā€™d say.