Celebrity and Complete No Marks Deaths 2019 to now include Celebrities who are critically ill and dogs & cats

But I’ve already read a book and I didn’t like it

Tuam Playwright Tom Murphy. RIP

Brendan Ingle has died aged 77.

Desperately sad news, and absolute gentleman who will be sorely missed by his family and friends. R.I.P. Brendan. :cry:

Peter Stringfellow

1 Like

He died doing what he loved

Did any one here go to his Dublin nightclub ???

I knew a man who was there every night.

1 Like

Keith from fair city-47

He was in Sons of Anarchy too apparently. I’ve only seen the first two seasons of it and can’t remember him. He must have been in it when they fled to Ireland in season three.

Sounds like a sad case, found in his hallway by his wife. Police not treating it as suspicious either…

Very sad alright. Never knew he was in soa myself

Anthony Bourdain

Was huge in the states, dont think he was ever well known in europe? Suicide

1 Like

I read his books, Kitchen Confidential a great read, brother of mine a chef and a big fan

Ah fuck, back before food tv was a 24 hour a day on 4 channels job he was the best thing about it, taught me more than anything else about food around the world, very likeable and a great mate of Iggy Pop

1 Like

Used to watch No Reservations. Came across as an alright sort who was a real bon vivant.

Made his scramble egg recipe this evening. He knew how to jazz up the humble egg.

1 Like

No more than a good short order cook but a superb broadcaster and supremely likeable, an inspiration

It’s a real head scratcher he topped himself. He seemed to have it all going on. Married to a beautiful woman recently 20 odd years his junior, a teenage daughter from his first marriage, very successful in work and respected around the world, presumably well off, had beaten heroin and hard drugs addiction too many years before. He was also very successful at martial arts and trained for a few hours a day every day at it which you’d think would keep the mind sharp as well as body. It’s very sad his life came to this end.

2 Likes

Lovely tribute from Johnny Nelson to Brendan here.

2 Likes