Celebrity and Complete No Marks Deaths 2019 to now include Celebrities who are critically ill and dogs & cats

Maybe one of the later versions was a commitments cover?

Mate, this is a very embarrassing exchange for you, I’m trying to help before it goes further

The Commitments was a great film all the same.

I don’t particularly give a flying fuck. Fair play to @glenshane.

At least I didn’t run off for a couple of hours like you did when you were so rattled you couldn’t spell your.

I have a secret other life mate, my real life.

I’m sort of disappointed tbh

I hope you’re a bit more successful there than you are here.

1 Like

That’s a cracker.
Listen, I have to go now and may not be back till the morning but I’m letting you know so that you’ll know, these things are probably important to you, necessary even.

You have a good night. Couldn’t have the cracker factory’s big wheel cranky in the morning

Fuck sake @backinatracksuit your neediness to be contrarian is starting to grate.

1 Like

@Bandage put it better than me above, I have no problem with the lady or her legacy, it’s the generation that have no real idea who she is and what she did crying crocodile tears on the media and social media that grated with me. There was a vox pop on radio yesterday full of ‘so sad today’ people who clearly knew nothing past R.E.S.P.E.C.T that it annoyed me,
I listened to the hour long Arena special on Radio 1 last night, I have no beef with the lady, great voice but not my generations big news. I like music, I would have considered myself somewhat of a muso up to a certain point, I never listened to an Aretha record, obviously I heard her on the radio but I don’t think that’s the point.
Anyway that’s my final word, RIP Aretha, I mean no disrespect

20 lines of text on why Aretha’s death hasn’t moved you at all.

Thanks for that.

10 Likes

leave the man alone, cant you see he’s grieving

Muso? Its Aretha Franklin for fuck sake. She’s probably in the top 3 female music icons of the 20th century.

4 Likes

For the love of good fuck. You don’t have to have listened to all her music, you don’t have to be of a generation, you don’t have to be a soul afficionado to have understood her importance. You would have heard her singing, even in the background on the radio all your fucking life. She was ubiquitous in the way Elvis or Bowie or whoever was. You don’t need to know much about an artist like Aretha Franklin to know she wasn’t just gifted and brilliant, but important and significant. Unless you’re completely ensconced in your own little world, ruled by you, without reference to anyone or anything outside of it. Which I suspect is the case.

10 Likes

Despicable racism here truth be told

Kofi Annan.

Ar dheis De go raibh a hanam dilis.

RIP Vol. Kofi Annan.

He was in the RA.

She was one of the greatest of all time

1 Like

Madonna,Cher,Aretha?