Celebrity Deaths - 2017

what a goal, not surprised none of the pretend ira lads have not been big enough to pay their respects

1 Like

I’ve watched that a few times…the crowd chanting Ugo Ugo Ugo Ugo at the end. Very sad.

his final act of kindness

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18057017_10155403781740982_4748028000704508049_n.png?oh=5fd42dde1d69063594ce328b99dde997&oe=5993A8B7

1 Like

Awful few months for Aston Villa.

Dalian Atkinson, Graeme Taylor and now Ugo. Doug Ellis must be looking over his shoulder.

@mickee321, I’m posting without using wiki as a source but did big Ugo Ehiogu (RIP) straddle the Villa teams of McGrath, Teale, Richardson, Atkinson etc and the League Cup winning team of 1995? Or did he only come on board after Big Ron left? He died aged 44 so he would have been a very young player if he was around the early 1990s.

I remember him as a staple of Brian Little’s 3-5-2 system. Do you remember how the three centre back system spread through the EPL like wildfire in the latter part of the 1990s? Did it start with Hoddle using it for England in the qualification for France '98 or was a club manager behind it?

Martin O’Neill had Elliott, Walsh (cc @Big_Dan_Campbell) and someone else. Liverpool tried it with donkeys like Stig Inge Bjorneby (spelling?), Ruddock, Wright among the centre halves and with McAteer as the right wing back.

Villa had Southgate, Ehiogu and AN Other (Staunton?). Ultimately a young Gareth Barry joined them as the left centre back of the three. Do you remember the little midget left wing back called Alan Wright? Who else? Bosnich in goal. Who was right wing back? The likes of Mark Draper, Garry Parker, Guy Whittingham were in midfield. Crazy Sasa Curcic pulling strings in there too. Merson did a stint at Villa at one stage. Dion Dublin came along then from Coventry, didn’t he? Probably replaced the ineffectual Savo Milosovic? But that may have been after Little’s time.

Julian Joachaim ?

1 Like

Ah jaysus, that’s very sad. 44 ducking hell

Baby faced Lee Hendrie

Steve Stones?

Earl Barrett?

1995/1996 Villa squad.

While searching for it, I found this from aforementioned Alan Wright (incidentally the shortest player supposedly to have played in the Premier League at 5 ft 4)

Best player?
Gareth Southgate and Dwight Yorke were good players and the first season Drapes (Mark Draper) came in we kicked on and had a good year.
Realistically, though, the best player was Paul McGrath.
To watch him play and be alongside him was awesome.
He just knew where to be and how to deal with everything on the pitch.
I never saw him make a mistake; he was pure class, an absolute god and a proper gentleman as well.

Love TFL. Outpouring of grief for ugo ehioig (RIP big fella ) and barely a dickybird when Anthony Foley died :sweat_smile:

I thought Houghton was still there at that stage…

Ugo was an international sports star known the world over tbf… Did Foley not get his own thread?

Went to Palace in 95.

Plenty of love for Anthony when he passed, you just had the usual few cranks as well who make a lot of noise. Wouldn’t even entertain it by bringing it up again tbh.

Get the fucking acronym for the site right FFS sake.

What? I do love TFL. No trip to london should be made without it…you stuttering fuck you could at least have got it right the first time

I got it right the first time you gormless cunt. I just meant to highlight your quote. Coming in here while people are grieving the loss of a renowned footballer with your rugby union agenda - you’re one sick fuck

2 Likes

Poor Merse broke down on Sky over the news:

Ugo was apparently a great family man as well as a great sportsman