Celebrity Deaths - 2017

Dublin and Kildare supporters are being asked to join together in a minute’s applause at this weekend’s Leinster SFC final in memory of tragic youngster Bradley Lowery.

Dublin fan Denis Finnerty has come up with the idea of honouring the brave six-year-old who lost his battle with cancer last week.

It is also intended that the show of unity will recognise all children who are currently battling the illness.

Bradley’s plight touched the hearts of sports fans after he became close friends with England soccer star Jermain Defoe who then played for the club he supported, Sunderland FC.

Bradley got to take a penalty kick at the Stadium of Light against Chelsea and was a mascot when England played Lithuania back in March.

Wtf?

My thoughts exactly mate

FFS. would they hold a minutes silence for all the black kids drowning in the Med fleeing from persecution or the kids being bombed to death in Syria…would they fuck.

That is why they are affectionately known as West Brits.

1 Like

Something has to be done about all these minutes applause in the middle of matches to honour dead people. It’s peak Generation Snowflake behaviour. It’s as much for the benefit of the people involved - look how considerate we are! - as it is in actually remembering the deceased.

Respect the dead before the game with a minutes applause or silence. That’s more than sufficient. Anything else is just a cry for validation from Joe.ie and its subscribers.

Terrible what happened that little lad in Sunderland but linking it to a minutes applause at a sporting event in a foreign country? Fuck off for yourself.

Someone please nominate Mr Finnerty for COTY 2017.

11 Likes

I’d say young Bradley had never even heard of Gaelic football or Kildare

He had loads in common with most Irish people so.

3 Likes

What, being best mates with Jermaine Defoe?

Jesus wept. There are some self appreciating cunts out there. If they were to insist on a minutes applause would it not at least be better for a Dublin or Kildare child who has died in similar circumstances and given the basket case that is the HSE I doubt they’d be thin on the ground or even for poor little Omar who was stabbed to death the other day

2 Likes

Omar hadn’t heard of Kildare either

If he felt that strongly why doesn’t he make a donation to that relevant charity or to the children’s hospital in Crumlin. Or even have a whip round in work or arrange a local fundraiser. That would all be perfectly reasonable and positive. Any human being with a scintilla of a conscience wouldn’t think twice in giving over a few bob for something like that.

But a social media led campaign for a minutes applause at a football match? Ffs.

5 Likes

Grief bandwagon-ism fueled by social media and the need for attention basically.

George A.Romero Godfather of all things zombie related, RIP.

Martin Landau, 89, RIP.

A proper celebrity and what an actor. RIP.

1 Like

Anyone got Chester Bennington?

Just seen this fuckin hell.RIP.

What was she famous for?

1 Like

I think she invented linkedin