Celebrity Deaths 2022

1 Like

A larger than life character by all accounts.
Edited * mixed him up with cabrerra

A proper European Tour stalwart.

Often mentioned in dispatches by Greg Allen as being near the top of the leaderboard at the Lancome Trophy, Turespana Masters, Peugeot Spanish Open or Dutch Open before Greg would tell us that Jimmy Hegarty was Best Of The Irish (BOTI), 12 shots off the lead.

1 Like

Actor Howard Hesseman has passed away at the age of 81. He played Capt. Pete Lassard in Police Academy 2 and history teacher Charlie Moore in sitcom Head Of The Class. His best known role however was as disc jockey Dr. Johnny Fever on “WKRP in Cincinnati” from 1978 to 1982. Here he is spinning an Eagles hit:

3 Likes

gary brooker of procol harum has turned a whiter shade of pale and skipped off to the light fandango in the sky

7 Likes

Mark Lanegan. US singer/band member.

Was living in Killarney.

1 Like

A massive loss.

Whiskey For The Holy Ghost is a masterpiece.

I considered posting something similar but thought better of it.

Ah Lanegan …. bummer ,

Ah fucking hell. He was still releasing decent-ish stuff in the past few years. He can’t have been very old?

Some voice.

His duet with Layne Staley on Long Gone Day is one of the greatest things ever:

1 Like

Loved this one as a young lad

Saw him with Greg Dulli (as Gutter Twins) in Galway years ago. Saw him do his own stuff at a fest or two.

Was in Kerry for a few years. Got the COVID bad at one stage but was also dealing with what seemed like increased paranoia. Ripping TVs out of the house etc. as he thought he was been spied on

I guess the Covid combined with the effects of heroin over the years probably didn’t help his health. Saw him live several times , twice on the bubblegum tour. Pretty good. Saw him at festivals and it didn’t quite hit the spot. RIP!

I love this one, still appears on my Spotify songs of the year :man_shrugging:

Will remember him for the vocals on Song for the Dead and Hang’in Tree on Songs for the Deaf, brilliant album

pun restraint wouldn’t be one of my qualities

Think he was in Queens of The Stone Age for a period of time; he was on stage in Slane in 2003

Inga the Winger, RIP

2 Likes

Only 52 as well. Mystery surrounding the death of his sister at the end of January.

Ewan MacKenna on Twitter: “Absolutely gutted to hear of passing of my old colleague and sparring partner here @paddytmurray. A measure of the man, this arrived in the post not long ago. Warrior who went to hell and back in life, he was religious which we’d clash on. Hope the next step it heaven. Rest well. https://t.co/mn9buYBBUU” / Twitter

Sally Kellerman. One for the back in her day thread