Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

I’d know a few people who recorded with him over the years and all the reports were incredibly positive. A man who was overly generous with his time.

I didn’t realise a good friend of mine got to hang out with him when his band went over for a summer (I think on a J1). Albini sorted the lads out for tickets for a sold out Fugazi show. He invited them to the studio a few times where they got to see the Breeders record. He tried to help them find a practice space, introduced them to The Onion, and was generally a sound fella towards a bunch of Irish young lads.

8 Likes

Sound fella or not the man was a production genius!

Seamonsters by the Wedding Present is my favourite album that he produced, and probably of all time. The Weddos had a brilliant guitar sound already, Gedge’s vocal were spoken practically but extremely intense. It matched perfectly with the Albini blueprint of stripped down guitar and drum emphasised sound with impassioned vocals. A masterpiece that wouldn’t have been so without Albini.

Sir Anthony O’Reilly

Finally got his baked beans

2 Likes

???

A Lion on the pitch and in the boardroom

3 Likes

A quisling

3 Likes

He lived an eventful life ,Did he end up bankrupt for a finish ?

Waterford crystal finished him

1 Like

Ran over by a horse?

He flew too close to the son

I met him a couple of times. He was an absolute gentleman. Sorry that the last few years of his life were less than pleasant.

10 Likes

My aunts brother in law worked for him all his life. He spoke very well of him.

2 Likes

A life well lived, may he rest in peace

He loved a Hugh Heinz

2 Likes

It’s a pity it all had to ketchup on him

1 Like

At least he didn’t die a Batchelor

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Created the Kerrygold brand.

Set up a NI peace and reconciliation charity to give Americans a way to donate rather than funding IRA

1 Like

His wife died only recently?