Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

Was he drying out?

1 Like

If he was it didn’t work

8 Likes

Was he the original sweeper?

JPR had an incredible record as a player of playing on 11 Wales teams against England between his debut season in 1969 and his retirement in 1981 and winning all 11. He missed the 1974 and 1980 games against England injured and England won both.

1 Like

Fortycoats RIP.

Be me fortycoats and fifty pockets, I’d have sworn he was dead years ago.

I think you might be referring to SoFarSoGood actor Conal Kearney?

Theres one for the things I learned today

Conal’s RIP.ie notice reads: “Formerly of Dublin. Grandson of Peadar Kearney, author of Amhrán na bhFiann. Peacefully, at University Hospital Galway, with his loving family by his side, after a bravely fought battle. Will be sadly missed by his sisters Eva and Bríd, brothers Pearse and Peadar, sisters-in-law Eileen and Jean, brother-in-law Martin, nieces, nephews, relatives, neighbours and his circle of special friends.”

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/celebs/tributes-paid-rte-fortycoats--28411444

There were 2 Fortycoats actors iirc. Not sure the status of either.

Franz Beckenbauer played in and refereed the 1975 European Cup final.

2 Likes

Fran Dempsey, Ian’s father was the original Forty Coats

Peadar Kearney referenced above was Brendan Behans uncle.

2 Likes

Thats the fella I remember.I presume thats Conal?

That’s Fran Dempsey.

4 Likes

Sorry you’re right.

It would appear that Conal played a character called SoFarSoGood in Fortycoats and Co.

1 Like

I remember Fran Dempsey from The Live Mike and the candid camera wind-ups. Never knew until today that he is Ian Dempsey’s father.

1 Like

Me neither

more RTE nepotism.

Sofarsogood and slightlyBonkers were the double act IIRC

3 Likes

slightlybonkers died a few years ago IIRC

I think Bill Golding was apparently the original Fortycoats. He was also Old Mr Brennan on the adverts. He played Rory then on Wanderly Wagon eventually.

Is Fran Dempsey dead? Supposedly him and Iano weren’t on speaking terms.

There was a very bizarre thing in the 80s when Eugene Lambert was coming back through England from the Continent and was arrested coming off the ferry in one of the Channel ports. He was charged with having deserted the British Army in WWII. He was held in custody for a few days and then released once the authorities were satisfied it was a case of mistaken identity.