Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

All my emails will be in green font colour in work today. :ireland: :clap:

That’s a great gesture Bandage. A great gesture for a great club.

Welcome aboard Runty.

:mad:

I was always on board.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 671262”]That’s a great gesture Bandage. A great gesture for a great club.

Welcome aboard Runty.[/quote]

Great to see you’ve re-engaged with celtic and are firmly back on the bandwagon rocko. Celtic needs its fairweather fans.

A big positive to take out of the possible champions league progression is that it will also give Bandage a chance to attend a game now there are no Rangers matches.

Neil Lennon has revealed in his press conference today that he received a congratulatory phone call from Elton John following Wednesday’s victory over Barcelona.

I’ll probably stay with mates but if any of you bhoys need to book accommodation, i hope this helps

Hail Hail

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?src=index&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Findex.en-gb.html%3Flabel%3Dgog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-brand-de-com%3Bsid%3D9d5db363879a958f5ae84691665bbd2a%3Bdcid%3D1%3B&dcid=1&label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-brand-de-com&sid=9d5db363879a958f5ae84691665bbd2a&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=London%2C+United+Kingdom&checkin_monthday=25&checkin_year_month=2013-5&checkout_monthday=26&checkout_year_month=2013-5&org_nr_rooms=1&org_nr_adults=2&org_nr_children=0&group_adults=2&group_children=0&dest_type=city&dest_id=-2601889&ac_pageview_id=10fc72da7907001f

I note that this season’s Champions’ League Final will take place on the storied date of May 25th, which has previously been the date of three European Cup wins by Ireland’s clubs.

It promises to be a fantastic five days for the Irish in London with Ireland also playing England at Wembley on May 29th.

is this gonna be like the munster team that beat the all blacks in 1978, bangin’ on about it since?

Having watched the game against the Spanish league runners-up live and now having viewed extensive highlights, there were a number of match/crowd related incidents that I enjoyed immensely:

1. Barca were lined up in the tunnel pre-game and, before the Celtic team joined them, the Hoops’ subs walked by one-by-one on their way to the dug-out. Xavi, Valdes, Bartra and Song all turned around and stared at Tony Watt as he strutted past whistling the Celtic song. The Whistling Provo didn’t give a fuck - he’s a stone cold legend already.

2. The pre-match Green Brigade display was simply magnificent. Wonderful stuff. :ireland:

3. When Kayal came on for Samaras, he told Ledley to move to left midfield and then the camera captured a shot of him and Wanyama. Kayal pointed at himself, pointed at Wanyama, pointed at the ground and then thumped his heart. Me, you, here - these doped up ball hogging cunts aren’t getting through us (unless it’s for a late consolation goal). A great moment between the two bhoys - both proud sons of Ireland. :ireland:

4. When Wanyama stepped in won the ball off Iniesta, held off three of them and drove forward into their half. Picking our moments to carry the fight forward to them. He won a throw in an advanced position, which was then cleared for a corner

5. Which Wanyama then powered past the helpless Valdes. Alba beside him was like a 2-year old trying to jump up to reach the fridge door. Not a fucking chance, you little cunt.

6. When Samaras was substituted and the camera focused in on him as he savoured the crowd’s ovation. His hair is beautiful.

7. The chanting from the Lisbon Lions Stand down to the Jock Stein Stand and back for the first 5 minutes. Start as you mean to go on. :ireland:

8. Lustig went off with cramp and a hip problem. But when Watt scored he came sprinting out of the dug-out - splendid reaction from Adolf.

9. Joe Ledley simply being himself all through.

10. The gaminess of Neil Lennon’s Watt for Lustig substitution. I know the same 4-4-1-1 formation was effectively retained following a rejig of positions but it meant we had a midfield 4 with Commons and Samaras on the flanks with Miku and then Watt ahead of them as we defended a lead against Barcelona. Maintaining a threat on the break is a key to beat them, and Neil Lennon knew it. :ireland:

11. The incredible defensive discipline of Celtic as a whole unit from back to front. How we ceded the flanks to them at times to flood the centre where they’re more dangerous. How we went man for man in certain areas but relied on a zonal alignment in other parts of the pitch. How we maintained an incredible level of concentration right through and didn’t get done by quick passing interchanges. How we moved in unison and held our defensive shape. We were incredibly well drilled. That wasn’t just a victory for the players and management - the scouting staff must have poured over footage of Barcelona to work out how to go about it. Ping, ping, ping, ping - you’re not hurting us, you cheats. :ireland:

12. Fraser Forster - a great wall. The tip onto the bar from Messi’s first half strike was sublime, the one in the second half from the same player was wonderful.

13. When The Whistling Provo buried Barcelona. It just went to show the strength of the respective benches. Watt > Fabregas + Villa.

14. The outpouring of emotion at full time as the players and support celebrated as one. Similarly sensational celebratory scenes were mirrored all around the country. Ireland’s team had delivered in spades. :ireland:

are you a bit touched?

That’s fucking wonderful Bando. :clap: :ireland:

Incisive analysis shot through with rabble-rousing passion - my favourite kind.

Great post Bandage.

Actually forgot my favourite moment:

1. Neil running onto the pitch at the end with the camera trailing him. He grabbed a grinning Forster and roared, “You’re a hero! I FUCKING LUV YA!”

It’s a crying shame that only music geeks like me know this Beach Boys tune as it could form the basis for an absolutely cracking chant for Wanyama. I’ve been humming it to myself non-stop for the last few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OujIRLXuc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZVDWGGuN8Q

:o

Hopefully that will garner some interest in him and we can offload him in January on a permanent basis. I’d be hopeful we will strengthen our squad in January.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671270”]Having watched the game against the Spanish league runners-up live and now having viewed extensive highlights, there were a number of match/crowd related incidents that I enjoyed immensely:

1. Barca were lined up in the tunnel pre-game and, before the Celtic team joined them, the Hoops’ subs walked by one-by-one on their way to the dug-out. Xavi, Valdes, Bartra and Song all turned around and stared at Tony Watt as he strutted past whistling the Celtic song. The Whistling Provo didn’t give a fuck - he’s a stone cold legend already.
  2. The pre-match Green Brigade display was simply magnificent. Wonderful stuff. :ireland:
  3. When Kayal came on for Samaras, he told Ledley to move to left midfield and then the camera captured a shot of him and Wanyama. Kayal pointed at himself, pointed at Wanyama, pointed at the ground and then thumped his heart. Me, you, here - these doped up ball hogging cunts aren’t getting through us (unless it’s for a late consolation goal). A great moment between the two bhoys - both proud sons of Ireland. :ireland:
  4. When Wanyama stepped in won the ball off Iniesta, held off three of them and drove forward into their half. Picking our moments to carry the fight forward to them. He won a throw in an advanced position, which was then cleared for a corner

5. Which Wanyama then powered past the helpless Valdes. Alba beside him was like a 2-year old trying to jump up to reach the fridge door. Not a fucking chance, you little cunt.
  6. When Samaras was substituted and the camera focused in on him as he savoured the crowd’s ovation. His hair is beautiful.
  7. The chanting from the Lisbon Lions Stand down to the Jock Stein Stand and back for the first 5 minutes. Start as you mean to go on. :ireland:
  8. Lustig went off with cramp and a hip problem. But when Watt scored he came sprinting out of the dug-out - splendid reaction from Adolf.
  9. Joe Ledley simply being himself all through.
  10. The gaminess of Neil Lennon’s Watt for Lustig substitution. I know the same 4-4-1-1 formation was effectively retained following a rejig of positions but it meant we had a midfield 4 with Commons and Samaras on the flanks with Miku and then Watt ahead of them as we defended a lead against Barcelona. Maintaining a threat on the break is a key to beat them, and Neil Lennon knew it. :ireland:
  11. The incredible defensive discipline of Celtic as a whole unit from back to front. How we ceded the flanks to them at times to flood the centre where they’re more dangerous. How we went man for man in certain areas but relied on a zonal alignment in other parts of the pitch. How we maintained an incredible level of concentration right through and didn’t get done by quick passing interchanges. How we moved in unison and held our defensive shape. We were incredibly well drilled. That wasn’t just a victory for the players and management - the scouting staff must have poured over footage of Barcelona to work out how to go about it. Ping, ping, ping, ping - you’re not hurting us, you cheats. :ireland:
  12. Fraser Forster - a great wall. The tip onto the bar from Messi’s first half strike was sublime, the one in the second half from the same player was wonderful.
  13. When The Whistling Provo buried Barcelona. It just went to show the strength of the respective benches. Watt > Fabregas + Villa.
  14. The outpouring of emotion at full time as the players and support celebrated as one. Similarly sensational celebratory scenes were mirrored all around the country. Ireland’s team had delivered in spades. :ireland:[/quote]

Wonderful post Bandage. I’ve captured #3 in a gif:

I used some artistic licence and you’ve embarrassed me now, Rocko. :shakefist:

Celtic are in talks with Ledley and Watt over new contracts.

Scott Brown actually missed out midweek with a virus rather than his hip problem. He’s doubtful for tomorrow and Hooper will be absent again. Lustig and Samaras are available for tomorrow after coming off on Wednesday.

3pm kick-off at Celtic Park against St Johnstone.

We’re playing Arbroath in the Cup after they beat Inverurie Loco Works 3-1 today

A friend of mine is an AIK fan and i can confirm they are very interested in signing Bangura on a permanent basis.