Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Possibly going with three at the back again tonight . Hard to tell by the lineup - it could be a 4-4-2 with Matthews pushed forward to right midfield either.

CELTIC
[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rcb]Lustig[/rcb]
[cb]Wilson[/cb]
[lcb]Ambrose[/lcb]
[rm]Matthews[/rm]
[lm]Izaguirre[/lm]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[cdm]Kayal[/cdm]
[lcm]Mulgrew[/lcm]
[rst]Lassad[/rst]
[lst]Samaras[/lst]
[/soccer]

or

[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rb]Lustig[/rb]
[lcb]Wilson[/lcb]
[rcb]Ambrose[/rcb]
[rm]Matthews[/rm]
[lb]Izaguirre[/lb]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[lcm]Kayal[/lcm]
[lm]Mulgrew[/lm]
[rst]Lassad[/rst]
[lst]Samaras[/lst]
[/soccer]

It’s probably the latter.

Subs: Zaluska, Wanyama, Miku, McGeouch, Hooper.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671461”]Possibly going with three at the back again tonight . Hard to tell by the lineup - it could be a 4-4-2 with Matthews pushed forward to right midfield either.

CELTIC
[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rcb]Lustig[/rcb]
[cb]Wilson[/cb]
[lcb]Ambrose[/lcb]
[rm]Matthews[/rm]
[lm]Izaguirre[/lm]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[cdm]Kayal[/cdm]
[lcm]Mulgrew[/lcm]
[rst]Lassad[/rst]
[lst]Samaras[/lst]
[/soccer]

or

[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rb]Lustig[/rb]
[lcb]Wilson[/lcb]
[rcb]Ambrose[/rcb]
[rm]Matthews[/rm]
[lb]Izaguirre[/lb]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[lcm]Kayal[/lcm]
[lm]Mulgrew[/lm]
[rst]Lassad[/rst]
[lst]Samaras[/lst]
[/soccer]

It’s probably the latter.

Subs: Zaluska, Wanyama, Miku, McGeouch, Hooper.[/quote]

I’d guess 3-5-2. 4 natural full backs in the team but we might not play with any conventional full backs. Strong side anyway.

Why is Anthony Watt not in the squad? What is Lennon’s problem with the youngster? He’s our best striker.

3 at the back alright but Ambrose surprisingly not one of them.

Indeed. Must have felt it would be useful to have Mulgrew back there to bring the ball out.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671465”]

Indeed. Must have felt it would be useful to have Mulgrew back there to bring the ball out.[/quote]

I expect Charlie to keep firing in the crosses from his left centre back overlapping and underlapping role.

Lassad marginally off there. We’ve started with a bit of purpose though.

Broad Black Brimmer and Sean South very audible. :clap:

Oh my what a fucking hit Adam.

Ah lovely. What a goal. :clap:

Andy Walker is clueless. “He drives forward, there’s nothing on at all so why not have a go…” He had Lassad inside.

Another poor touch by Lassad. In fairness he got back to put it out for a corner but he’s mixed some good link up play with a few careless touches.

More of the same there.

Some great retro singing tonight. Donati just getting sung there.

I’ve seen Messi and Ronaldo and Robbie Keane have off days and now I’m afraid I’ve seen Sammy have one.

One’s called Ronald, one’s called Frank :lol:

One of the best ever.

Lucky enough to get away with that decision but stopped before the goal so not sure they’d have scored without the whistle.

This is a bit of a retro Forster performance too. He’s been glued to his line all game - lucky to get away with that “foul” from the corner and there was a scramble from another freekick at the start of the second half when the ball landed on Wilson’s head around 3 yards out.

Their roly poly striker is fairly good - he’s giving Wilson quite a few problems. Reminds me of Philly Hughes of Shelbourne.

Awful again by Wilson. Wanyama has been terrible since coming on too - misplaced passes all over the place. Need to get a fucking grip here.