Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Yeah Malmo decided against giving this lad a contract when he was on a loan trial with them but that might be related to their relegation and consequent financial constraints. Zaluska is making a good case to be replaced at the moment anyway.

Yeah, Zaluska isn’t up to scratch but we seem to want 3 experienced keepers in any case and don’t want to rely on a youth team player as third choice.

Meanwhile, ESPN Sports “understands” that Manchester United are going to make an £8m bid for Victor Wanyama.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671742”]Yeah Malmo decided against giving this lad a contract when he was on a loan trial with them but that might be related to their relegation and consequent financial constraints. Zaluska is making a good case to be replaced at the moment anyway.

Yeah, Zaluska isn’t up to scratch but we seem to want 3 experienced keepers in any case and don’t want to rely on a youth team player as third choice.
Meanwhile, ESPN Sports “understands” that Manchester United are going to make an £8m bid for Victor Wanyama.[/quote]

Ha. Do they want him for a month?

No, permanently.

Kick-off tonight in Celtic Park is at 7.45pm.

Team news to follow at 6.45pm.

Wanyama has told his favourite Kenyan journalist that he’s staying at Celtic.

Stream here: http://cricfree.tv/live/live_football_streaming/celtic_vs_kilmarnock/1439]http://cricfree.tv/live/live_football_streaming/celtic_vs_kilmarnock/1439

Zaluska,

Matthews, Lustig, Wilson, Izaguirre,

Brown, Wanyama, Mulgrew,

Commons,

Hooper, Samaras.

Subs: Thomson, Lassad, Ledley, Rogne, Kayal, Stokes, Watt.

Seems like disappointingly fergieish behaviour with Lennon in his attack on murdo McLeod today. Are is there more to it?

Very disappointing to see a very similar team to that which started that embarrassing performance against St. Mirren. You think Lennon would want to have the players fresh for the Juventus game and give some of the fringe players a chance to stake a claim as well as keeping those in the first team on their toes.

Archie McPherson commentating on Celtic TV! :clap:

We’re actually playing 3-4-1-2 with Mulgrew part of a back three and Commons in a free role.

How have we played, Bando?

I see Ledley has us in the lead - he didn’t start the game.

Izaguirre and, more worryingly, Samaras have both been substituted with hamstring injuries. Concerning with the Juve first leg less than 2 weeks away.

Ledley came on for Izzy, with Wanyama dropping back into the back three and Mulgrew pushing out to left wing back as part of the reshuffle and it was the Welshman who smashed in a swerving 30-yarder to put us 1-0 up.

Commons has struck the bar with two great efforts, one from a freekick, and Hooper has forced a couple of good saves from the keeper.

They’ve offered nothing aside from one attack where Zaluska nearly handed them a goal by flapping a crossed ball against an attacker and possibly back over the line before he retrieved it. I think the referee had blown for pushing by their player though.

Getting back to your earlier point, Totti…my great pal Raymond Verheijen says teams MUST have 3 full days AFTER a game to recuperate otherwise muscular injuries like hamstring strains are the result. So, play on Saturday and you shouldn’t play again until Wednesday and so on. And here we are now after playing on Sunday and now we have two key players injured. But I take your point - I thought there would have been a little more freshening up of the team. Watt has come on for Samaras - he actually played an hour for the U20s away to Kilmarnock last night and scored in the process.

Watched that with the sound down so wasn’t sure what happened on their “goal.”

Mixed performance. Loved that move when Sammy fired across a pass to Hooper who shifted it well and shot smartly. Some bright moves but wasn’t sure about the formation.

Cillian Sheridan has scored for the second time at Celtic Park this season. Wanyama easily brushed off the ball and the ball was squared for a tap in.

Wow

Fucking cracker by Adam Matthews!

Or Mikael Lustig, as Archie calls him!

Some strike. Nice turn from Watt there.

Adan Matthews :clap: By far my favourite Celtic footballer

Playing some lovely stuff at the moment.