Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Boom Boom, let me hear you say Bayo, Bayo

1 Like

Oh the green & white of Bayo…
I can see you still…

Chris Sutton isn’t happy with this signing… or Weah

Similar misgivings expressed here about Celtic being too reliant on loans without having purchase options. Weah and Burke following likes of Roberts and Musonda in that regard.

And aside from a few outliers every few years (Edouard last summer most recently), Celtic are shopping in that £1m-£3m bracket where signings can be hit and miss. For every Van Dijk or Wanyama there’s an Amido Baldo or Teemu Pukki.

I don’t understand why Celtic are so conservative. They’re sitting on piles of cash but you have to have some element of ambition and investment.

1 Like

I do think Pukki had a bit about him but things just didn’t work out at the time.

I’m not sure why we need both Weah and Burke. Weah can play as more of a #9 but if we have this Bayo chap now and hopefully Griffiths to come back at some stage as well as Edouard.

I guess it’s not as much harm now that we have signed a striker permanently and as long as it doesn’t mean we’re not addressing the defensive gaps.

I’d say we could see Morgan and (or) Hayes go now.

Talk of Morgan going to Sunderland on loan which makes sense.

Pukki is an interesting one given he’s doing well now. I guess he wasn’t as bad as the likes of Amido Baldé (who was too good for Liverpool but wasn’t good enough against SPL opposition). But he didn’t seem like the bravest striker in the world. I think he’d lost his confidence at Schalke and wasn’t really going to get back at Celtic with the pressure of replacing Hooper’s goals.

1 Like

3 of the starting 11 the last day were signed during Rodgers time, the rest were at the club before him. Considering that’s 5 transfer windows it’s a poor hit rate.

Pukki is te best player in the championship

1 Like

The Bayo Tapestry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTQCNntGEs

Tierney is rumored to have osteitis pubis and could be out for months.

We’re apparently signing an American collegiate left back called Andrew Gutman but, like Manny Perez the right back, he’d be more of a project / development signing rather than being first team ready.

Do we need another left back so?

Ntcham injures his hamstring in Dubai too.

This Gutman lad is 22. Is he left footed or just capable of playing either side.

Calvin Miller is back with Celtic too.

ok guys

I need to stress this but we need to push the boat out here and get more players in so they don’t stop the 10 , if we win the league this year they are fucked for another 10 years
we need, RB, LB, LW, CB at the minimum , maybe a goalkeeper too

1 Like

Don’t worry lads, Rangers will go bust before they stop the 10.

It’s all looking a bit too familiar with their signings and contracts being handed out.

1 Like

that’s why I think this season is crucial, they are putting everything into winning this year

1 Like

Mulumbu told he can leave. Hendry and Morgan likely to go out on loan too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-fH2-ABHX0

Lot of rumours doing the rounds that we are closing in on Scott McKenna, guys.

Talk of a £4m fee with a couple of players thrown in on loan or permanent transfers. No journalistic source yet but it’s all over Twitter.

Not sure what to make of McKenna, I’m more leaning to the view that he is a carthorse from what I’ve seen of him but he is quite young. It’s a risky signing for that fee and a right back should be our first priority right now, we simply cannot go any longer with Lustig as our first choice right back.